Coronary Artery Disease
Extent and severity of coronary artery disease was examined in over 900 patients with type 2 diabetes.
Pancreatic polypeptide significantly correlated with Framingham 10-year risk for coronary artery disease.
Risk of major adverse cardiovascular events up for DAPT disruption, regardless of diabetes status
The 2017 criteria utilize new terminology, classify symptoms as asymptomatic or ischemic, and expand the role of fractional flow reserve.
For patients with stable coronary artery disease, depressive symptoms and cardiac disease severity independently affect patient-reported functional status.
Liraglutide increases heart rate and reduces heart rate variability in overweight patients with newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes and stable coronary artery disease.
For patients with type 2 diabetes and coronary artery disease, CABG plus optimal medical therapy is superior to PCI plus optimal medical therapy.
Routinely measured lipid fractions may be associated with the risk of coronary artery disease (CAD) and diabetes.
Heterozygous mutation carriers have lower levels of non-HDL cholesterol and reduced risk for coronary artery disease.
PCI is increasing, but CABG has been stable for patients presenting with non-ST-segment elevation MI.
Vitamin K1 single nucleotide polymorphisms are positively linked to myocardial infarction and coronary artery disease.
Certain SNPs may indicate which type 2 diabetes patients with coronary artery disease will experience a cardiovascular event.
The association between hand grip strength and cardiovascular events was independent of traditional risk factors.
Remnant cholesterol predicted coronary artery disease events even after adjustment for presence and extent of disease.
Serum levels are significantly increased in patients with coronary artery disease vs healthy controls.
Two studies show carriers of the ANGPTL4 variant have better lipid levels and a lower likelihood of coronary artery disease.
For women without history of coronary artery disease, those with anxiety are more likely to exhibit ischemia during exercise testing than those without anxiety.
Knowledge of coronary computed tomography angiography results is associated with improved alignment of aspirin and statin prescribing with the presence and severity of coronary artery disease.
Mortality rate is higher among women with heart disease after discharge from the hospital.
Paclitaxel-eluting stents were not noninferior to everolimus-eluting stents in patients with diabetes and CAD.
Outpatient cardiovascular care is similar between advanced practice providers and physicians.
Findings in patients with coronary artery disease on statin therapy after undergoing first PCI.
Findings based on meta-analysis involving 10 studies, nearly 175,000 people.
Those perceiving alcohol as heart-healthy drink substantially more alcohol.
The 2013 ACC/AHA guidelines for determining statin eligibility is more accurate and efficient in identifying increased CVD and CAD risks.
The extent of CAC accurately predicts mortality in patients without symptoms of coronary artery disease.
Findings in hypertensive patients with coronary artery disease.
Low yield among patients presenting with acute chest pain and low clinical risk.
Fewer invasive coronary angiography procedures and higher CAD yield for patients with suspected CAD.
Findings in patients with coronary artery disease pretreated with lipid-lowering therapy.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Fatigue Management Contributes to Effective Endometriosis Care
- Assessment of Low-Dose Aspirin As Chemoprevention in Type 2 Diabetes
- Treatment With Alemtuzumab May Frequently Induce Thyroid Dysfunction
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Adjunctive Aripiprazole Lowers Prolactin Levels in Women With Psychosis
- When Physicians Become Patients: Challenges in Seeking Health Care
- Statin Use and Cardiovascular Risk Perception Varies Among Races
- Impact of a Longer Work Week on Diabetes Incidence
- Relationship Between Estradiol Level and Mortality in Elderly Men