Generic Name and Formulations:
Factor XIII concentrate (human); 1000–1600 units; per vial; powder for IV injection after reconstitution; preservative-free.
CSL Behring, LLC
Indications for CORIFACT:
Routine prophylactic treatment and peri-operative management of surgical bleeding in patients with congenital Factor XIII (FXIII) deficiency.
Adults and Children:
Give by slow IV injection at a rate of ≤4mL/min. Initially 40units/kg. Adjust ±5units/kg to maintain 5–20% trough FXIII activity levels using Berichrom Activity Assay: One trough level of <5%: increase by 5units/kg; trough level of 5–20%: no change; two trough levels of >20%: decrease by 5units/kg; one trough level of >25%: decrease by 5units/kg. Routine prophylaxis: give every 28 days. Peri-operative management: individualized based on patient's FXIII activity level, surgery type, and clinical response; dose adjustment: see full labeling.
Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission. Long-term therapy: consider appropriate vaccination (hepatitis A and B virus). Monitor FXIII activity levels during and after surgery. Monitor for development of inhibitory antibodies, thromboembolic events. Pregnancy (Cat. C). Nursing mothers.
Joint inflammation, hypersensitivity, rash, pruritus, erythema, hematoma, arthralgia, headache, elevated thrombin-antithrombin levels, increased blood lactate dehydrogenase; acute ischemia, neutralizing antibodies.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Intensive Blood Pressure Therapy Lowers Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age
- LVAD in Heart Failure Linked to Improved Glycemic Control
- Fundamental Institutional Change Is Needed to Eliminate Sexual Harassment
- Gestational Diabetes Tied to Subsequent Glucose Disorders
- Association Health Plans Can Help Small Businesses Offer Coverage