Generic Name and Formulations:
Brimonidine tartrate 0.2%, timolol (as maleate) 0.5%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Indications for COMBIGAN:
To reduce elevated intraocular pressure (IOP) in glaucoma or ocular hypertension where adjunctive or replacement therapy is warranted.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: contraindicated. ≥2yrs: 1 drop every 12 hours.
Bronchial asthma or history of. Severe COPD. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt cardiac failure. Cardiogenic shock. Sinus bradycardia. Neonates and infants <2yrs of age.
Potential for severe respiratory or cardiac reactions. Discontinue at 1st sign of cardiac failure and before surgery. Mild to moderate COPD, bronchospastic disease: not recommended. Depression. Cerebral or coronary insufficiency. Raynaud's phenomenon. Orthostatic hypotension. Thromboangiitis obliterans. Myasthenia gravis. Renal or hepatic impairment. May mask hypoglycemia, thyrotoxicosis. Soft contact lenses (remove; may reinsert 15 minutes after instillation). Separate dosing of other oph drugs by ≥5 minutes. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Alpha-2 agonist + noncardioselective beta-blocker.
Avoid other topical β-blockers. May potentiate, or be potentiated by, other CNS depressants, systemic β-blockers, reserpine, quinidine, SSRIs, other CYP2D6 inhibitors. Caution with antihypertensives, systemic β-blockers, MAOIs, tricyclics. May cause conduction defects (eg, prolonged AV conduction) with digoxin, calcium channel blockers (avoid concomitant use in impaired cardiac function). May block systemic epinephrine.
Allergic conjunctivitis, conjunctival folliculosis, conjunctival hyperemia, pruritus, ocular burning/stinging, asthenia, corneal erosion, depression, epiphora, visual disturbance, headache, hypertension, dry mouth, somnolence, blepharitis, ocular hypersensitivity.
Soln—5mL, 10mL, 15mL
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- FDA to Review Gimoti for Diabetic Gastroparesis in Adult Women
- FDA Approves First Mobile App for Use in Preventing Pregnancy
- Hypothyroidism Predicts Atrial Tachyarrhythmia After AF Catheter Ablation
- Treating Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy With Electroacupuncture