COLY-MYCIN S OTIC Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Colistin (as sulfate) 3mg, neomycin (as sulfate) 3.3mg, hydrocortisone acetate 10mg, thonzonium bromide 0.5mg; per mL; otic susp; contains thimerosal.
Indications for COLY-MYCIN S OTIC:
Susceptible infections of the external auditory canal, mastoidectomy, fenestration cavities.
Clean and dry ear. 5 drops (using calibrated dropper), or 4 drops (using dropper bottle) in ear(s) 3 or 4 times daily; max 10 days. May substitute saturated cotton wick moistened every 4 hours; replace at least every 24 hrs.
Clean and dry ear. 4 drops (using calibrated dropper), or 3 drops (using dropper bottle) in ear(s) 3 or 4 times daily; max 10 days. May substitute saturated cotton wick moistened every 4 hours; replace at least every 24 hrs.
Viral infections of the ear (e.g., herpes simplex, vaccinia, varicella).
Perforated eardrum. Chronic otitis media. Reevaluate if no improvement in 1 week. Discontinue if local irritation or sensitization occurs.
Antibiotics + steroid + surfactant.
Susp—5mL (w. dropper)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Prediabetes a Useful Indicator for Cardiovascular and Renal Risks