Generic Name and Formulations:
Clindamycin (as phosphate) 1%; gel.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for CLINDAGEL:
Apply thin film once daily.
History of regional enteritis, ulcerative or antibiotic-associated colitis.
Atopic patients. Discontinue if significant diarrhea occurs. Pregnancy (Cat. B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate neuromuscular blockers. May antagonize erythromycin.
Pruritus, peeling, abdominal pain, GI disturbances, gram (–) folliculitis; rare: diarrhea, colitis.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Metformin May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- No Cardiovascular Benefit With Fenofibrate in T2D and Hypertriglyceridemia
- Cardiovascular Function May Improve After Cure of Cushing Syndrome
- Primary Prevention Outcomes With Aspirin in T2D and Heart Failure