Generic Name and Formulations:
Clindamycin (as phosphate) 1%; gel.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for CLINDAGEL:
Apply thin film once daily.
History of regional enteritis, ulcerative or antibiotic-associated colitis.
Atopic patients. Discontinue if significant diarrhea occurs. Pregnancy (Cat. B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate neuromuscular blockers. May antagonize erythromycin.
Pruritus, peeling, abdominal pain, GI disturbances, gram (–) folliculitis; rare: diarrhea, colitis.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Link Between Gestational Diabetes and Risk for CVD and Diabetes in Hispanic/Latina Population
- Clinical Characteristics Altering Risks and Benefits of Sulfonylureas and Thiazolidinedione Therapy in T2D
- 6 Factors Related to Inclusion in Health Care Workplace Identified
- Weight Gain After Quitting Smoking May Increase Risk for T2D