CITRUCEL SUGAR-FREE OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Methylcellulose 2g per 10.2g; pwd; contains phenylalanine; orange flavor.
Indications for CITRUCEL SUGAR-FREE:
Constipation, adjunct in diverticulosis, irritable bowel syndrome.
1 rounded tablespoonful (10.2g) in 8oz of water or juice 1–3 times daily.
<6 yrs: not recommended. ≥6 yrs: ½ adult dose 1–3 times daily.
Signs/symptoms of appendicitis. Intestinal obstruction. Fecal impaction.
Narrowed intestinal lumen. Discontinue if rectal bleeding or if no bowel movement occurs.
Reduced absorption of salicylates, digitalis, oral anticoagulants, nitrofurantoins, others.
Esophageal, gastric, enteral, rectal obstruction.
Pwd—16oz, 24oz, 30oz; Packets (single-dose)—20; Sugar-free pwd—8.6oz, 16.9oz
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diet Quality and Glycemic Control in Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Most Foods Containing Fructose Do Not Have Harmful Effect on Glycemic Control
- Effects of a Low-Carbohydrate Diet on Weight Loss Maintenance
- Unhealthy Lifestyle and Rotating Night Shifts Put Nurses at Higher Risk for T2D
- Comparative Assessment of Diabetes Outcomes With Physician, NP, PA Providers
- Normalized HbA1c Levels Facilitate Improved Neuropathy Outcomes in T2D
- Parental Perception of Child Weight Status Predicted by Child BMI z Scores
- Fear Impacts Quality of Life for Young Adults With Type 1 Diabetes
- Five-Year Efficacy Data Announced for Liletta Intrauterine System
- AMA Code of Medical Ethics Guides Physicians in Fighting Harmful Online Health Information