CIPRODEX OTIC Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ciprofloxacin (as HCl) 0.3%, dexamethasone 0.1%; otic susp.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for CIPRODEX OTIC:
Acute otitis media in pediatric patients with tympanostomy tubes. Acute otitis externa.
Adults and Children:
<6 months: not recommended. ≥6 months: 4 drops in affected ear(s) twice daily for 7 days.
Viral otic infections (eg, herpes simplex).
Discontinue if superinfection or hypersensitivity occurs. Reevaluate if no improvement after 1 week. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antibiotic (quinolone) + steroid.
Ear discomfort/pain, pruritus, debris, dysgeusia, erythema.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Bone Mineral Density Loss Eventually Stabilizes in Men With Type 1 Diabetes
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- FDA to Review Gimoti for Diabetic Gastroparesis in Adult Women
- FDA Approves First Mobile App for Use in Preventing Pregnancy
- Hypothyroidism Predicts Atrial Tachyarrhythmia After AF Catheter Ablation
- Treating Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy With Electroacupuncture