Chorionic gonadotropin Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chorionic gonadotropin 5000Units/10mL, 10000Units/10mL; pwd for IM inj after reconstitution; contains benzyl alcohol.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Chorionic gonadotropin:
Ovulation induction in women with secondary ovarian failure who have been pretreated with human gonadotropins.
5000–10000 Units IM one day after last dose of gonadotropins.
Androgen- or estrogen-dependent neoplasm. Ovarian enlargement and overstimulation while on gonadotropin therapy. Primary ovarian failure.
Cardiac or renal disease. Epilepsy. Migraine. Asthma. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Ovarian hyperstimulation or enlargement, ascites, pleural effusion, ovarian cyst rupture, multiple births, arterial thromboembolism, headache, irritability, restlessness, depression, fatigue, edema, gynecomastia, local reactions.
Formerly known under the brand name Novarel.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Testosterone Use Remains High Among Men With Coronary Artery Disease
- Higher Risk for Venous Thromboembolism With Oral vs Transdermal HRT
- Comparing Osteoporosis Screening, Treatment Strategies in Postmenopausal Women
- Primary Characteristics of PCOS Predictive of Obstetric Complications
- Free vs Total Serum 25(OH)D as Biomarkers for Bone Health in Older Women
- ADA's 2019 Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes Focus on Patient-Centered Care
- Sleep Habits Affect Insulin Sensitivity in Adolescents With Overweight, Obesity
- Levothyroxine Associated With Increased Mortality in Patients With Heart Failure
- Head-to-Head Comparison of Professional vs Personal CGM Systems in T1D
- Dual vs Triple Therapy for Metformin Treatment Intensification in Type 2 Diabetes
- Insulin Analogs vs Regular Human Insulin for Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis May Affect Brain Development in Children With T1D
- Higher Rates of Comorbidities Among Holocaust Survivors
- Population Health Data May Help Identify Patients at Risk for CVD
- Newborn Genomic Sequencing Can Identify Disease Risk