Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorpheniramine maleate 4mg; tabs.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for CHLOR-TRIMETON:
Allergic and vasomotor rhinitis, conjunctivitis, pruritus.
4mg every 4–6hrs; max 24mg/24hrs.
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–11yrs: 2mg every 4–6hrs; max 12mg/24hrs.
Asthma and lower respiratory disorders. Glaucoma. GI or GU obstruction. Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants.
Anticholinergic effects, drowsiness, dizziness, paradoxical excitement.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Prediabetes a Useful Indicator for Cardiovascular and Renal Risks