CHILDREN'S DIMETAPP COLD & ALLERGY CHEWABLE TABLETS OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Brompheniramine maleate 1mg, phenylephrine HCl 2.5mg; per tab; alcohol-free; grape flavor.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
Indications for CHILDREN'S DIMETAPP COLD & ALLERGY CHEWABLE TABLETS:
Rhinorrhea, allergy symptoms, nasal congestion.
<6yrs: do not use. 6–11yrs: chew 2 tabs every 4 hours; max 6 doses/24 hours.
Children <6yrs old. During or within 14 days of MAOIs. For use as a sedative hypnotic.
Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Glaucoma. GI or GU obstruction. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers may increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants. Avoid alcohol.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, dizziness, nervousness, insomnia, excitability in children.
Syrup—4oz, 8oz (w. dosing cup)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Reducing Total Daily Insulin Dose in T2D: 3-Meal vs 6-Meal Diet
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Metformin May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- No Cardiovascular Benefit With Fenofibrate in T2D and Hypertriglyceridemia
- Cardiovascular Function May Improve After Cure of Cushing Syndrome
- Primary Prevention Outcomes With Aspirin in T2D and Heart Failure