Young children without garden access more likely to be obese.
Around 40% think their weight is about right, British researchers find.
Correlation for TV viewing, screen time and sedentary behaviors with adiposity, independent of diet.
Odds increase nearly 50% with 60 minutes or more of daily screen time.
Children whose families and pediatricians were most adherent to an obesity intervention program saw greater improvements in BMI.
Preschoolers' weight loss attributed to emphasis on nutrition, exercise. and structure.
Adiposity at age 3 years linked to diagnosis and severity of hepatic steatosis in late adolescence.
In 2-year-old patient, mutant protein is secreted but does not bind to or activate leptin receptor and potentially caused early-onset extreme obesity.
Family meals that are positive, calm and friendly may prevent childhood obesity.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Adverse Events Associated With Diazoxide Treatment for Congenital Hyperinsulinism
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Patterns of Evidence-Based Diabetes Interventions at Local Health Departments
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Severity of Metabolic Syndrome Indicates Risk for T2D, CVD in Prediabetes Treatment
- Atherosclerosis Progression Differs According to Timing of Estradiol Therapy After Menopause
- Sharp Decrease in US Life Expectancy Rankings by 2040
- Patients With Diabetes Have Higher Risk for Death From Alcohol, Accidents, Suicide
- Fertility Rates Decreasing in US for All Urbanization Levels