Young children without garden access more likely to be obese.
Around 40% think their weight is about right, British researchers find.
Correlation for TV viewing, screen time and sedentary behaviors with adiposity, independent of diet.
Odds increase nearly 50% with 60 minutes or more of daily screen time.
Children whose families and pediatricians were most adherent to an obesity intervention program saw greater improvements in BMI.
Preschoolers' weight loss attributed to emphasis on nutrition, exercise. and structure.
Adiposity at age 3 years linked to diagnosis and severity of hepatic steatosis in late adolescence.
In 2-year-old patient, mutant protein is secreted but does not bind to or activate leptin receptor and potentially caused early-onset extreme obesity.
Family meals that are positive, calm and friendly may prevent childhood obesity.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy and Safety of Alirocumab in Diabetes Mellitus
- Safety of DPP-IV Inhibitor, Cardiovascular Events After ACS in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Transgender Youth Not Willing to Delay Hormone Therapy for Fertility Preservation
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- Single Blood Sample Highly Predictive for Subsequent Diabetes Diagnosis
- Plasma Methylglyoxal Levels Associated With CVD, Mortality in Type 2 Diabetes
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- AMA: Federal Government Must Tackle Rising Insulin Prices
- Diabetes Medication Reconciliation May Reduce Risk of ED Visits