Young children without garden access more likely to be obese.
Around 40% think their weight is about right, British researchers find.
Correlation for TV viewing, screen time and sedentary behaviors with adiposity, independent of diet.
Odds increase nearly 50% with 60 minutes or more of daily screen time.
Children whose families and pediatricians were most adherent to an obesity intervention program saw greater improvements in BMI.
Preschoolers' weight loss attributed to emphasis on nutrition, exercise. and structure.
Adiposity at age 3 years linked to diagnosis and severity of hepatic steatosis in late adolescence.
In 2-year-old patient, mutant protein is secreted but does not bind to or activate leptin receptor and potentially caused early-onset extreme obesity.
Family meals that are positive, calm and friendly may prevent childhood obesity.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- FDA to Review Gimoti for Diabetic Gastroparesis in Adult Women
- FDA Approves First Mobile App for Use in Preventing Pregnancy
- Hypothyroidism Predicts Atrial Tachyarrhythmia After AF Catheter Ablation
- Treating Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy With Electroacupuncture