Young children without garden access more likely to be obese.
Around 40% think their weight is about right, British researchers find.
Correlation for TV viewing, screen time and sedentary behaviors with adiposity, independent of diet.
Odds increase nearly 50% with 60 minutes or more of daily screen time.
Children whose families and pediatricians were most adherent to an obesity intervention program saw greater improvements in BMI.
Preschoolers' weight loss attributed to emphasis on nutrition, exercise. and structure.
Adiposity at age 3 years linked to diagnosis and severity of hepatic steatosis in late adolescence.
In 2-year-old patient, mutant protein is secreted but does not bind to or activate leptin receptor and potentially caused early-onset extreme obesity.
Family meals that are positive, calm and friendly may prevent childhood obesity.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Testosterone Use Remains High Among Men With Coronary Artery Disease
- Higher Risk for Venous Thromboembolism With Oral vs Transdermal HRT
- Comparing Osteoporosis Screening, Treatment Strategies in Postmenopausal Women
- Maternal Thyroid Function in Pregnancy Linked to Childhood Risk for Disease
- Primary Characteristics of PCOS Predictive of Obstetric Complications
- ADA's 2019 Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes Focus on Patient-Centered Care
- Sleep Habits Affect Insulin Sensitivity in Adolescents With Overweight, Obesity
- Levothyroxine Associated With Increased Mortality in Patients With Heart Failure
- Head-to-Head Comparison of Professional vs Personal CGM Systems in T1D
- Dual vs Triple Therapy for Metformin Treatment Intensification in Type 2 Diabetes
- Insulin Analogs vs Regular Human Insulin for Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis May Affect Brain Development in Children With T1D
- Higher Rates of Comorbidities Among Holocaust Survivors
- Population Health Data May Help Identify Patients at Risk for CVD
- Newborn Genomic Sequencing Can Identify Disease Risk