CEREFOLIN NAC Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
L-methylfolate calcium (Metafolin) 6mg, Algae-S powder 90.314mg, methylcobalamin 2mg, N-acetylcysteine 600mg; caplets.
Alfasigma USA, Inc.
Indications for CEREFOLIN NAC:
Clinical dietary management of mild cognitive impairment.
Use only under medical supervision. 1 caplet daily.
Avoid if renal stones occur. Do not administer to critically ill patients. Folic acid may mask Vit.B12 deficiency, including pernicious anemia. History of peptic ulcer. Chronic liver disease. Pre-term newborns. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant nitrates: increased risk of headaches. Capecitabine toxicity increased with addition of leucovorin. May produce false-positive result in nitroprusside test for ketone bodies.
Allergic reactions, mild transient diarrhea, itching, transitory exanthema, feeling body swelling, nausea, vomiting, rash, flushing, epigastric pain, constipation, headache; rare: renal stones.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Testosterone Use Remains High Among Men With Coronary Artery Disease
- Higher Risk for Venous Thromboembolism With Oral vs Transdermal HRT
- Comparing Osteoporosis Screening, Treatment Strategies in Postmenopausal Women
- Primary Characteristics of PCOS Predictive of Obstetric Complications
- Free vs Total Serum 25(OH)D as Biomarkers for Bone Health in Older Women
- ADA's 2019 Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes Focus on Patient-Centered Care
- Sleep Habits Affect Insulin Sensitivity in Adolescents With Overweight, Obesity
- Levothyroxine Associated With Increased Mortality in Patients With Heart Failure
- Head-to-Head Comparison of Professional vs Personal CGM Systems in T1D
- Dual vs Triple Therapy for Metformin Treatment Intensification in Type 2 Diabetes
- Insulin Analogs vs Regular Human Insulin for Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis May Affect Brain Development in Children With T1D
- Higher Rates of Comorbidities Among Holocaust Survivors
- Population Health Data May Help Identify Patients at Risk for CVD
- Newborn Genomic Sequencing Can Identify Disease Risk