CEREFOLIN NAC Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
L-methylfolate calcium (Metafolin) 6mg, Algae-S powder 90.314mg, methylcobalamin 2mg, N-acetylcysteine 600mg; caplets.
Alfasigma USA, Inc.
Indications for CEREFOLIN NAC:
Clinical dietary management of mild cognitive impairment.
Use only under medical supervision. 1 caplet daily.
Avoid if renal stones occur. Do not administer to critically ill patients. Folic acid may mask Vit.B12 deficiency, including pernicious anemia. History of peptic ulcer. Chronic liver disease. Pre-term newborns. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant nitrates: increased risk of headaches. Capecitabine toxicity increased with addition of leucovorin. May produce false-positive result in nitroprusside test for ketone bodies.
Allergic reactions, mild transient diarrhea, itching, transitory exanthema, feeling body swelling, nausea, vomiting, rash, flushing, epigastric pain, constipation, headache; rare: renal stones.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Hormonal Contraceptives May Adversely Affect Psychological Health in Adolescent Girls
- Obesity Can Negatively Effect Liver in Children as Young as 8
- Recommendations Developed on Gender Equity in Medicine