CEREFOLIN NAC Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
L-methylfolate calcium (Metafolin) 6mg, Algae-S powder 90.314mg, methylcobalamin 2mg, N-acetylcysteine 600mg; caplets.
Alfasigma USA, Inc.
Indications for CEREFOLIN NAC:
Clinical dietary management of mild cognitive impairment.
Use only under medical supervision. 1 caplet daily.
Avoid if renal stones occur. Do not administer to critically ill patients. Folic acid may mask Vit.B12 deficiency, including pernicious anemia. History of peptic ulcer. Chronic liver disease. Pre-term newborns. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant nitrates: increased risk of headaches. Capecitabine toxicity increased with addition of leucovorin. May produce false-positive result in nitroprusside test for ketone bodies.
Allergic reactions, mild transient diarrhea, itching, transitory exanthema, feeling body swelling, nausea, vomiting, rash, flushing, epigastric pain, constipation, headache; rare: renal stones.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Intensive Blood Pressure Therapy Lowers Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age
- LVAD in Heart Failure Linked to Improved Glycemic Control
- Fundamental Institutional Change Is Needed to Eliminate Sexual Harassment
- Gestational Diabetes Tied to Subsequent Glucose Disorders
- Association Health Plans Can Help Small Businesses Offer Coverage