CARNITOR INJECTION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Levocarnitine 1g/5mL; soln for IV bolus inj or infusion; preservative-free.
Leadiant Biosciences, Inc.
Indications for CARNITOR INJECTION:
Secondary carnitine deficiency. Carnitine deficiency in end stage renal disease (ESRD) patients undergoing dialysis.
Adults and Children:
Secondary carnitine deficiency: 50mg/kg as slow (2–3mins) IV bolus inj or infusion; usual max 300mg/kg. May give loading dose in severe metabolic crisis: see full labeling. ESRD: initially 10–20mg/kg dry body weight as slow (2–3mins) IV bolus inj into venous return line after each dialysis session; adjust dose based on trough levocarnitine levels.
Obtain baseline carnitine level; monitor blood chemistry, carnitine levels, vital signs, clinical condition. Seizure disorders. Renal insufficiency (oral forms). Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Monitor INR with warfarin.
GI upset/pain, body odor, seizures; hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue if occur). Inj: also inj site reactions.
Tabs—90; Oral soln—118mL; Single-dose vials (5mL)—5
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Gender-Affirming Hormonal Treatment and Long-Term Bone Safety
- Predictors of Disordered Eating Behaviors in Teens With Type 1 Diabetes
- Is the MiniMed 670G System Safe for Children With Type 1 Diabetes?
- Risk for Congenital Heart Defects in Offspring of Mothers With Obesity
- Behavioral Modification Improves Fertility in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Familial Hypercholesterolemia: An Underdiagnosed Disease Gets a Second Look
- Insulin Analogs vs Regular Human Insulin for Type 2 Diabetes
- Depression, Anxiety Predict Physical Health Indices As Strongly As Obesity
- Vaginal Estrogen Use Not Associated With Elevated Chronic Disease Risk
- Intraoperative Monitoring of PTH May Simplify Surgical Care for Primary Hyperparathyroidism
- Linagliptin and Cardiovascular Events in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Private Equity Acquisition of Physician Practices Discussed
- FDA Panel Votes on Novel Osteoporosis Treatment Evenity
- Challenges in Instituting Artificial Intelligence in Health Care
- The Role of Sex Hormones in Primary Headaches: a Review