Generic Name and Formulations:
Carisoprodol 200mg, aspirin 325mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
- ADA's 2019 Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes Focus on Patient-Centered Care
- Simvastatin Improves Inflammation, Platelet Activation Markers in Primary Hypercholesterolemia
- LVAD in Heart Failure Linked to Improved Glycemic Control
Indications for Carisoprodol/Aspirin:
Painful musculoskeletal conditions.
1–2 tabs 4 times daily.
NSAID allergy. Varicella or influenza in teenagers. Coagulation disorders. Porphyria.
Peptic ulcer. Gastritis. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Drug abuse. Monitor blood pressure, BUN, uric acid levels. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Muscle relaxant (central) + salicylate.
Alcohol, CNS depressants, oral anticoagulants, hypoglycemics, and plasma bound drugs (e.g., methotrexate) potentiated. NSAIDs, corticosteroids and oral anticoagulants increase risk of GI bleeding. Uricosurics antagonized. Urine alkalinizers or acidifiers decrease or increase, respectively, plasma levels of aspirin.
Dizziness, drowsiness, GI upset or bleeding, rash, tachycardia, orthostatic hypotension. Rare idiosyncratic reaction (see literature).
Formerly known under the brand name Soma Compound.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Insulin Analogs vs Regular Human Insulin for Type 2 Diabetes
- Trends in Bisphosphonate Use and Hip Fracture Rates in Denmark
- Gender-Affirming Hormonal Treatment and Long-Term Bone Safety
- Primary Characteristics of PCOS Predictive of Obstetric Complications
- Maternal Thyroid Function in Pregnancy Linked to Childhood Risk for Disease
- Sleep Habits Affect Insulin Sensitivity in Adolescents With Overweight, Obesity
- Levothyroxine Associated With Increased Mortality in Patients With Heart Failure
- Head-to-Head Comparison of Professional vs Personal CGM Systems in T1D
- Dual vs Triple Therapy for Metformin Treatment Intensification in Type 2 Diabetes
- Familial Hypercholesterolemia: An Underdiagnosed Disease Gets a Second Look
- FDA Committee Votes on Oral T1D Treatment Sotagliflozin
- Elevated Plasma Agouti-Related Protein May Be a Marker for Cushing Disease
- Therapeutic Effect of Long-Chain PUFA Omega 3 Supplementation in Obese Children
- Poor Health Outcomes Associated With Fear of Crime, Violence Among College Students of Color
- Safety of PCSK9 Inhibitors After Heart Transplantation Examined