Cardiovascular And Metabolic
The J-shaped correlation seen for body mass index with cardiovascular disease risk is susceptible to confounding due to pre-existing comorbidities.
Calorie restriction over 2 years is associated with considerable weight loss, and with lower than expected energy expenditure.
The 2009 H1N1 swine flu pandemic has been linked to an increased risk of new-onset type 1 diabetes in children.
For patients with type 2 diabetes, visit-to-visit variability in systolic blood pressure may function as an independent predictor for cardiovascular events.
Total fractional sodium excretion increased with sitagliptin vs placebo.
Total hip BMD was associated with heart failure risk in black and non-black men, with an interaction by race.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Adverse Events Associated With Diazoxide Treatment for Congenital Hyperinsulinism
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Patterns of Evidence-Based Diabetes Interventions at Local Health Departments
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Vitamin D Supplementation Has No Effect on Musculoskeletal Health
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Industry-Funded Trials Often Involve Employees in Studies
- Nutrition Tips for Physicians: Staying Healthy During Busy Days
- Early-Onset Asthma/Wheezing Associated With Later Childhood Obesity