Knowing that certain characteristics increase the risk for dermatology patients who may have metabolic syndrome will enable clinicians to identify patients who may have specific cardiovascular risks.
Investigators sought to determine the frequency of metabolic syndrome in patients with nonfunctioning adrenal incidentalomas.
High total HDL cholesterol in postmenopausal women may mask heart disease risk.
High Albumin-to-Creatinine Ratio Associated With Increased Risk for Microalbuminuria and Future CVD in Adolescents
The association between albumin-to-creatinine ratio and risk for diabetic nephropathy and CVD was examined over 2 to 4 years.
Investigators examine the association between various skin conditions and metabolic syndrome.
Researchers assessed whether adding or switching to sulfonylureas is linked to increased risk for myocardial infarction, ischemic stroke, hypoglycemia, and all-cause mortality.
There has been a substantial increase in the percentage of patients with high cholesterol over age 60 years taking lipid-lowering medications from 2005 to 2016, but such increases have not been seen among younger patients with high cholesterol.
High BMI, low physical activity levels, and frequent smoking and high genetic risk increased the risk for atrial fibrillation, coronary artery disease, hypertension, stroke, and diabetes.
African American patients were less likely than white patients to be treated with any statin and at the guideline-recommended intensity.
Investigators examined gender differences in baseline characteristics and outcomes in patients with t2d and ASCVD.
The relationship between circadian rhythm and sleep measures and components of metabolic syndrome in patients with bipolar disorder.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Bone Mineral Density Loss Eventually Stabilizes in Men With Type 1 Diabetes
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- FDA to Review Gimoti for Diabetic Gastroparesis in Adult Women
- FDA Approves First Mobile App for Use in Preventing Pregnancy
- Hypothyroidism Predicts Atrial Tachyarrhythmia After AF Catheter Ablation
- Treating Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy With Electroacupuncture