Compared with the general population, patients with type 2 diabetes are at a 35% to 60% greater risk for atrial fibrillation.
Higher levels of estradiol were inversely associated with carotid artery intima-media thickness progression in the early postmenopausal cohort but positively associated with it in the late postmenopausal group.
For patients with severe obesity and type 2 diabetes, bariatric surgery is associated with a lower risk for macrovascular outcomes compared with not undergoing surgery.
Supplementation with coenzyme Q10 may be an effective approach for managing statin-induced myopathy.
Excess cardiovascular disease mortality persisted for many years after thyroid-ablative treatment in patients who received radioactive iodine who did not become hypothyroid.
Sexual harassment and sexual assault among midlife women are associated with poorer physical and mental health.
Implementing shared financial incentives between physicians and patients is a cost-effective intervention strategy for controlling LDL-C levels among high-risk patients.
Lorcaserin facilitates sustained weight loss without increasing the rate of major cardiovascular events among overweight or obese patients.
HbA1c levels following left ventricular assist device implantation were statistically significantly lower than before surgery.
Investigators analyze characteristics of participants with acquired partial lipodystrophy who developed severe metabolic abnormalities.
Genetic testing should become the standard of care for patients with definite or probable familial hypercholesterolemia.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Thyroid Hormone Therapy Not Beneficial for Subclinical Hypothyroidism
- Bacillus Calmette-Guerin Vaccination Lowers HbA1c in Type 1 Diabetes
- Early Manifestations, Sex Differences May Aid in Acromegaly Diagnosis
- Predictive Variables for Permanent vs Transient Congenital Hypothyroidism
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- The Progression of Health Care From Personalized Medicine to Wellness Genomics and Beyond