Generic Name and Formulations:
Norethindrone 0.35mg (28 tabs).
Mayne Pharma US
Indications for CAMILA:
Continuous regimen: 1 tab daily.
Breast carcinoma. Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding. Liver tumors. Acute liver disease. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Cigarette smoking. Do physical exams at least annually. Discontinue if migraine or other serious headaches occur. Use back-up contraception for 48hrs if taken 3hrs or more late. Nursing mothers: if not exclusively breastfeeding may start 3 weeks after delivery; if fully breastfeeding may start 6 weeks after delivery.
Antagonized by hepatic enzyme-inducing drugs (eg, phenobarbital, rifampin).
Menstrual irregularities, frequent or irregular bleeding, mastodynia, headache, nausea, dizziness; androgenic effects (rare).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- ACP Defends Higher Blood Glucose Targets for Type 2 Diabetes
- Updated Clinical Practice Guidelines on Testosterone Therapy in Men With Hypogonadism
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Common Plant-Derived Oils May Contain Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals
- Red Meat Consumption Linked to Insulin Resistance and Steatohepatitis
- Effect of High Androgen Levels on Cardiovascular Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Fertility in Women Negatively Affected by Asthma Medications
- Glucocorticoid Use in COPD Does Not Increase Fracture Risk