Generic Name and Formulations:
Bromfenac 0.075%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries
Indications for BROMSITE:
Post-operative inflammation and prevention of ocular pain following cataract surgery.
≥18yrs: 1 drop in affected eye twice daily starting 1 day before surgery, continued on day of surgery, and for 14 days post-op. May be given with other topical ophthalmics (eg, alpha-agonists, beta-blockers, carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, cycloplegics, mydriatics); administer at least 5 mins apart.
<18yrs: not established.
Bleeding tendencies. May slow or delay wound healing. Potential for cross-sensitivity to acetylsalicylic acid, phenylacetic acid derivatives, other NSAIDs. Complicated/repeat ocular surgeries. Corneal defects/denervation. Ocular surface diseases. Rheumatoid arthritis. Diabetes. Monitor cornea; discontinue if corneal epithelial breakdown occurs. Risk of corneal adverse events may be increased if used >24hrs before surgery, or beyond 14-days post-op. Contact lenses (remove during therapy). Pregnancy: avoid during late pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant topical NSAIDs and corticosteroids may potentiate healing problems. Caution with concomitant drugs that prolong bleeding time.
Anterior chamber inflammation, headache, vitreous floaters, iritis, eye pain, ocular hypertension; keratitis, corneal reactions (eg, epithelial breakdown, thinning, erosion, ulceration/perforation).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Testosterone Use Remains High Among Men With Coronary Artery Disease
- Higher Risk for Venous Thromboembolism With Oral vs Transdermal HRT
- Comparing Osteoporosis Screening, Treatment Strategies in Postmenopausal Women
- Primary Characteristics of PCOS Predictive of Obstetric Complications
- Free vs Total Serum 25(OH)D as Biomarkers for Bone Health in Older Women
- ADA's 2019 Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes Focus on Patient-Centered Care
- Sleep Habits Affect Insulin Sensitivity in Adolescents With Overweight, Obesity
- Levothyroxine Associated With Increased Mortality in Patients With Heart Failure
- Head-to-Head Comparison of Professional vs Personal CGM Systems in T1D
- Dual vs Triple Therapy for Metformin Treatment Intensification in Type 2 Diabetes
- Insulin Analogs vs Regular Human Insulin for Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis May Affect Brain Development in Children With T1D
- Higher Rates of Comorbidities Among Holocaust Survivors
- Population Health Data May Help Identify Patients at Risk for CVD
- Newborn Genomic Sequencing Can Identify Disease Risk