BONTRIL PDM CIII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Phendimetrazine tartrate 35mg; scored tabs.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for BONTRIL PDM:
Short-term adjunct in managing exogenous obesity.
35mg 2 or 3 times daily, 1 hour before meals; may reduce to 17.5mg/dose. Max 210mg/day in 3 evenly divided doses.
Advanced arteriosclerosis. Cardiovascular disease. Moderate or severe hypertension. Hyperthyroidism. Glaucoma. Highly nervous or agitated states. Drug or alcohol abuse. Concomitant CNS stimulants. During or within 14 days of MAOIs (see Interactions).
Discontinue after a few weeks as tolerance to anorectic effect occurs. Avoid abrupt cessation after prolonged high doses. Mild hypertension. Abuse and dependence potential. Diabetes. Reevaluate after drug-free interval. Prescribe minimal supply to avoid overdose. Pregnancy.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. May antagonize guanethidine. CNS effects with alcohol, other CNS drugs.
Palpitation, tachycardia, hypertension, CNS overstimulation, dry mouth, GI disturbances, urinary frequency, changes in libido.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Nivolumab Associated With Thyroiditis in Patients With Cancer
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation
- Gender-Related Association Between Physical Activity, Psychological Status in T2D
- Adverse Neurodevelopmental and Mental Health Outcomes in PCOS
- HbA1c Variability Predicts All-Cause Mortality in Type 2 Diabetes
- Choroidal Thickness Changes in Patients With Untreated Diabetes
- Pre-Pregnancy Fitness Lowers Gestational Diabetes Risk