Betaxolol Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Betaxolol HCl 10mg+, 20mg; tabs; +scored.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Betaxolol Tablets:
Initially 10mg daily alone or added to diuretic therapy; may increase to 20mg daily after 7–14 days; usual max 20mg daily. Elderly or severe renal dysfunction: initially 5mg daily.
Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Cardiogenic shock. Overt heart failure.
CHF. Bronchospastic disease, COPD. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Avoid abrupt cessation. Surgery. SLE. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Increased cardiac effects of calcium channel blockers, digitalis. Bradycardia with catecholamine-depleting drugs. May block epinephrine. May interfere with glaucoma screening tests.
Bradycardia, headache, GI upset, dizziness, arthralgia, fatigue, dyspnea, chest pain, pharyngitis, impotence, heart failure, bronchospasm.
Formerly known under the brand name Kerlone.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Trends in Cardiovascular Deaths for US Adults With and Without Diabetes
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Comparing Efficacies of Second-Line Treatments in Type 2 Diabetes
- Higher Risk for Meningioma Linked to GH Treatment, Radiotherapy During Childhood
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Disaster Preparedness 101: Physician Resources for Patients
- Assessing the Environmental Impact of the Healthcare Industry
- Medical Schools Phase Out Lectures as Education Shifts Outside the Classroom
- Clonidine Testing Is Safe and Reliable for Diagnosing Growth Hormone Deficiency