BECONASE AQ Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Beclomethasone dipropionate 42mcg/spray; aqueous nasal spray.
Indications for BECONASE AQ:
Allergic and vasomotor rhinitis. Prophylaxis of nasal polyp recurrence.
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not recommended. ≥6yrs: 1–2 sprays in each nostril twice daily.
Maintain regular regimen. Respiratory tract tuberculosis. Infections (eg, ocular herpes simplex). If exposed to measles or chickenpox, consider anti-infective prophylactic therapy. May use nasal decongestants if needed. Reevaluate if no improvement in 3 wks; nasal polyp prophylaxis may warrant longer treatment. If adrenal insufficiency exists following systemic corticosteroid therapy, replacement with topical corticosteroids may exacerbate symptoms of adrenal insufficiency (eg, depression). Monitor for growth suppression in children. Monitor for hypercorticism and HPA axis suppression (if occur discontinue gradually), and candida infection or other nasal mucosal changes. Avoid eyes. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Nasal discomfort, sneezing, headache, nausea, epistaxis, rhinorrhea, hypercorticism, impaired wound healing, increased intraocular pressure, reduced growth velocity in children.
Beconase AQ—25g (180 sprays)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Testosterone Use Remains High Among Men With Coronary Artery Disease
- Higher Risk for Venous Thromboembolism With Oral vs Transdermal HRT
- Comparing Osteoporosis Screening, Treatment Strategies in Postmenopausal Women
- Primary Characteristics of PCOS Predictive of Obstetric Complications
- Free vs Total Serum 25(OH)D as Biomarkers for Bone Health in Older Women
- ADA's 2019 Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes Focus on Patient-Centered Care
- Sleep Habits Affect Insulin Sensitivity in Adolescents With Overweight, Obesity
- Levothyroxine Associated With Increased Mortality in Patients With Heart Failure
- Head-to-Head Comparison of Professional vs Personal CGM Systems in T1D
- Dual vs Triple Therapy for Metformin Treatment Intensification in Type 2 Diabetes
- Insulin Analogs vs Regular Human Insulin for Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis May Affect Brain Development in Children With T1D
- Higher Rates of Comorbidities Among Holocaust Survivors
- Population Health Data May Help Identify Patients at Risk for CVD
- Newborn Genomic Sequencing Can Identify Disease Risk