BAYER MIGRAINE FORMULA OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 250mg, aspirin 250mg, caffeine 65mg; per caplet.
Bayer Corp, Consumer Care Div.
Indications for BAYER MIGRAINE FORMULA:
≥18yrs: 2 caplets with a glass of water. Max 2 caplets/24hours.
<18yrs: not recommended.
NSAID allergy. Varicella, vaccinia in children and teenagers. 3rd trimester of pregnancy. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Persistent or unresponsive headache. History of asthma or peptic ulcer. Impaired hepatic or renal function. Hypertension. Bleeding disorders. Erosive gastritis. Diabetes. Gout. Elderly (>60yrs). Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Analgesic + salicylate.
See Contraindications. May potentiate anticoagulants, hypoglycemics, methotrexate. Urinary alkalinizers, antacids, corticosteroids may increase aspirin excretion. May antagonize uricosurics, spironolactone. Increased risk of liver toxicity and/or GI bleed with alcohol.
Gastric upset, prolonged bleeding time, urticaria, anaphylaxis, nervousness, irritability, insomnia, tachycardia; overdosage: salicylism, hepatoxicity.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Link Between Gestational Diabetes and Risk for CVD and Diabetes in Hispanic/Latina Population
- Clinical Characteristics Altering Risks and Benefits of Sulfonylureas and Thiazolidinedione Therapy in T2D
- 6 Factors Related to Inclusion in Health Care Workplace Identified
- Weight Gain After Quitting Smoking May Increase Risk for T2D