BAYER, ASPIRIN REGIMEN OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Aspirin 81mg tabs, 325mg caplets; e-c.
Bayer Corp, Consumer Care Div.
Indications for BAYER, ASPIRIN REGIMEN:
To reduce combined risk of death and nonfatal stroke after ischemic stroke or TIA. To reduce risk of vascular mortality in suspected acute MI. To reduce combined risk of death and nonfatal MI after MI or unstable angina pectoris. To reduce combined risk of MI and sudden death in chronic stable angina. Revascularization procedures.
Ischemic stroke and TIA: 50–325mg once daily. Suspected acute MI: 160–162.5mg once daily (start as soon as MI suspected) then for at least 30 days post-MI. Prevention of recurrent MI, unstable angina pectoris, chronic stable angina: 75–325mg once daily. Coronary artery bypass graft: 325mg once daily (start 6hrs after procedure) for 1yr. Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty: 325mg 2 hours before surgery, then 160–325mg once daily. Carotid endarterectomy: 80mg once daily to 650mg twice daily (start before surgery).
NSAID allergy. Viral infection in children and teenagers. 3rd trimester pregnancy.
History of asthma or peptic ulcer. Severe hepatic or renal dysfunction. Bleeding disorders. Diabetes. Gout. Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates anticoagulants, hypoglycemics, methotrexate, acetazolamide, valproic acid, highly protein-bound drugs. Urinary alkalinizers, antacids, corticosteroids may increase excretion. May antagonize ACE inhibitors, β-blockers, diuretics, uricosurics. Increased bleeding risk with NSAIDs or chronic, heavy alcohol use. NSAIDs increase risk of renal dysfunction.
GI upset/bleed, prolonged bleeding time, anaphylaxis, salicylism.
Aspirin Regimen 81mg—32, 120, 180; Aspirin Regimen 325mg—100; Children's—36; Bayer Tabs—12, 24, 50, 100, 200, 300, 365; Caplets—50, 100, 200; Gelcaps—40, 80
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- ACP Defends Higher Blood Glucose Targets for Type 2 Diabetes
- Updated Clinical Practice Guidelines on Testosterone Therapy in Men With Hypogonadism
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Common Plant-Derived Oils May Contain Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals
- Red Meat Consumption Linked to Insulin Resistance and Steatohepatitis
- Effect of High Androgen Levels on Cardiovascular Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Fertility in Women Negatively Affected by Asthma Medications
- Glucocorticoid Use in COPD Does Not Increase Fracture Risk