Generic Name and Formulations:
Tazarotene 0.1%; crm.
Indications for AVAGE:
Adjunct to comprehensive skin care and sunlight avoidance programs in the palliation of facial fine wrinkles, facial mottled hyper- and hypopigmentation, and facial benign lentigines.
Limitations Of use:
Does not eliminate or prevent wrinkles or restore more youthful skin. Does not reverse photoaging or repair sun damaged skin; does not mitigate coarse or deep wrinkling, tactile roughness, telangiectasia, skin laxity, keratinocytic atypia, melanocytic atypia, or dermal elastosis. The safety and effectiveness for the prevention or treatment of actinic keratoses, skin neoplasms, or lentigo maligna have not been established.
≥17yrs: apply thin film to entire face once daily in the PM. Females of reproductive potential: begin therapy during normal menses.
<17yrs: not established.
Assess any facial pigmented lesions (eg, lentigo maligna) prior to initiation. Obtain reliable negative pregnancy test within 2 weeks prior to therapy. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception. Do not use on broken, eczematous, or sunburned skin. Sun sensitivity. Avoid eyes, mouth, sun, and UV light. Increased irritation in extreme weather. Discontinue or reduce dose frequency if excessive irritation occurs. Nursing mothers.
Avoid use until the effects of strong drying agents have subsided. Avoid concomitant with photosensitizers or other irritants.
Desquamation, erythema, burning, dry or irritation skin, pruritus, irritant contact dermatitis, stinging, rash, cheilitis.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diet Quality and Glycemic Control in Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Most Foods Containing Fructose Do Not Have Harmful Effect on Glycemic Control
- Effects of a Low-Carbohydrate Diet on Weight Loss Maintenance
- Sleep Quality in Women With Surgical vs Natural Menopause
- Unhealthy Lifestyle and Rotating Night Shifts Put Nurses at Higher Risk for T2D
- Hypothyroidism Treatment No Longer Available
- Obesity Subtype May Determine Outcomes After Bariatric Surgery
- Few Physicians Work in Practices That Use Telemedicine
- Skin Autofluorescence Predicts T2D, Heart Disease, Mortality
- ACC: Smoking Cessation Expert Decision Pathway Emphasizes Team-Based Support