Generic Name and Formulations:
Epinephrine 0.1mg, 0.15mg, 0.3mg; pre-filled auto-injector (includes audible and visible cues for use).
Indications for AUVI-Q:
Emergency treatment of allergic reactions (Type 1) including anaphylaxis.
Adults and Children:
<7.5kg: not established. Inject IM or SQ only into the anterolateral aspect of the thigh. 7.5–15kg: 0.1mg. 15–30kg: 0.15mg. ≥30kg: 0.3mg. May repeat another dose if needed.
The presence of sulfite in this product should not deter use. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Hyperthyroidism. Diabetes. Parkinson's disease. Injection-related complications: do not inject intravenously or into buttock (risk of Clostridial infections), digits, hands, or feet; hold leg firmly and limit movement in children prior to and during injection. Advise patient to seek medical help immediately. Train patient in use of device. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May be potentiated by MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants, levothyroxine, antihistamines (eg, chlorpheniramine, tripelennamine, diphenhydramine). May be antagonized by β-blockers (eg, propranolol), α-blockers (eg, phentolamine), ergot alkaloids. Arrhythmias possible with cardiac glycosides, diuretics, or anti-arrhythmics.
Anxiety, apprehensiveness, restlessness, tremor, weakness, dizziness, sweating, palpitations, pallor, nausea, vomiting, headache, respiratory difficulties; arrhythmias; rare: serious infections (skin and soft tissue) at injection site.
Cartons—2 (w. one Auvi-Q Trainer)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Intensive Blood Pressure Therapy Lowers Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age
- LVAD in Heart Failure Linked to Improved Glycemic Control
- Fundamental Institutional Change Is Needed to Eliminate Sexual Harassment
- Gestational Diabetes Tied to Subsequent Glucose Disorders
- Association Health Plans Can Help Small Businesses Offer Coverage