CDC27 mutations may be associated with less aggressive behavior while SLC25A5 mutations may be associated with more aggressive behavior in papillary thyroid carcinomas.
The first-in-class compound CUDC-907, which is being tested for multiple myeloma and refractory lymphoma, may be promising for anaplastic thyroid cancer and poorly differentiated thyroid cancer.
Long-term recurrence rates appear to be low following the use of recombinant human thyrotropin for postoperative ablation in low-risk thyroid cancer.
Initiating treatment with the mTor inhibitor everolimus followed by the somatostatin analogue pasireotide may be beneficial in advanced thyroid cancer.
A new study has validated the American Thyroid Association sonographic pattern for selection of thyroid nodules undergoing ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration.
Active surveillance in low-risk thyroid cancer may be better than immediate surgery in some patients.
Despite side effects, patients with differentiated thyroid cancer taking lenvatinib may experience better outcomes with close monitoring.
Current cut-offs for pregnancy-specific thyroid autoantibody positivity vary from by assay.
Liquid biopsy may prevent the need for unnecessary biopsies in patients with medullary thyroid carcinoma.
Half of the infants in the study had a delayed diagnosis of congenital hypothyroidism.
Women with higher-than-normal thyrotropin concentrations during pregnancy may be more likely to experience premature delivery.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Testosterone Use Remains High Among Men With Coronary Artery Disease
- Higher Risk for Venous Thromboembolism With Oral vs Transdermal HRT
- Comparing Osteoporosis Screening, Treatment Strategies in Postmenopausal Women
- Maternal Thyroid Function in Pregnancy Linked to Childhood Risk for Disease
- Primary Characteristics of PCOS Predictive of Obstetric Complications
- ADA's 2019 Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes Focus on Patient-Centered Care
- Sleep Habits Affect Insulin Sensitivity in Adolescents With Overweight, Obesity
- Levothyroxine Associated With Increased Mortality in Patients With Heart Failure
- Head-to-Head Comparison of Professional vs Personal CGM Systems in T1D
- Dual vs Triple Therapy for Metformin Treatment Intensification in Type 2 Diabetes
- Insulin Analogs vs Regular Human Insulin for Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis May Affect Brain Development in Children With T1D
- Higher Rates of Comorbidities Among Holocaust Survivors
- Population Health Data May Help Identify Patients at Risk for CVD
- Newborn Genomic Sequencing Can Identify Disease Risk