CDC27 mutations may be associated with less aggressive behavior while SLC25A5 mutations may be associated with more aggressive behavior in papillary thyroid carcinomas.
The first-in-class compound CUDC-907, which is being tested for multiple myeloma and refractory lymphoma, may be promising for anaplastic thyroid cancer and poorly differentiated thyroid cancer.
Long-term recurrence rates appear to be low following the use of recombinant human thyrotropin for postoperative ablation in low-risk thyroid cancer.
Initiating treatment with the mTor inhibitor everolimus followed by the somatostatin analogue pasireotide may be beneficial in advanced thyroid cancer.
A new study has validated the American Thyroid Association sonographic pattern for selection of thyroid nodules undergoing ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration.
Active surveillance in low-risk thyroid cancer may be better than immediate surgery in some patients.
Despite side effects, patients with differentiated thyroid cancer taking lenvatinib may experience better outcomes with close monitoring.
Current cut-offs for pregnancy-specific thyroid autoantibody positivity vary from by assay.
Liquid biopsy may prevent the need for unnecessary biopsies in patients with medullary thyroid carcinoma.
Half of the infants in the study had a delayed diagnosis of congenital hypothyroidism.
Women with higher-than-normal thyrotropin concentrations during pregnancy may be more likely to experience premature delivery.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Adverse Events Associated With Diazoxide Treatment for Congenital Hyperinsulinism
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Patterns of Evidence-Based Diabetes Interventions at Local Health Departments
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Severity of Metabolic Syndrome Indicates Risk for T2D, CVD in Prediabetes Treatment
- Atherosclerosis Progression Differs According to Timing of Estradiol Therapy After Menopause
- Sharp Decrease in US Life Expectancy Rankings by 2040
- Patients With Diabetes Have Higher Risk for Death From Alcohol, Accidents, Suicide
- Fertility Rates Decreasing in US for All Urbanization Levels