Both intensity of physical activity and time spent active can explain variability in femoral neck BMD in people with class III obesity.
A femoral stress index assessment evaluates fracture risk in children as effectively as femoral and total body bone mineral density.
In a double-blind multicenter study, researchers examined the safety and efficacy of burosumab for X-linked hypophosphatemia.
Patients treated with zoledronic acid vs oral bisphosphonates had higher risk for heart failure and arrhythmias.
More than 75% of patients in the treatment group experienced a decrease in bone marrow edema.
Intermittent hypoxia in obstructive sleep apnea was found to decrease the chances of bone health decline in menopausal women.
Both anxiety and depression scores are associated with low BMD.
It has been previously reported that parathyroidectomy can reverse cognitive dysfunction associated with primary hyperparathyroidism.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diet Quality and Glycemic Control in Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Most Foods Containing Fructose Do Not Have Harmful Effect on Glycemic Control
- Hypothyroidism Treatment No Longer Available
- Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in Personal Care Products Linked to Early Puberty
- Normalized HbA1c Levels Facilitate Improved Neuropathy Outcomes in T2D
- Hypertensive Disorders in Pregnancy, Postpartum BMI Linked to T2D Risk
- Sleep Quality, Duration Affect Risk for Falls and Fractures in Older Women
- Physician Burnout Linked to Stress in Using Health Information Technology
- Type 2 Diabetes Linked to Colorectal Cancer Risk in Men
- Urinary Incontinence Drug May Reduce Frequency of Hot Flashes