Experts from more than 30 national and international societies have pledged to intensify efforts and collaborate to address the "crisis" in osteoporosis.
Crosstalk between bone and muscle plays a significant role in exercise adaptation.
The risk for vertebral fracture in women with osteoporosis was significantly lower with romosozumab vs placebo at 12 months.
The combination of calcium, proteins, and probiotics found in yogurt may affect gut microbiota and have a positive effect on bone density.
A decline in Medicare reimbursement for DXA testing is one of the factors to higher-than-expected hip fracture rates.
ew findings from a population-based cohort study suggest that there are small but significant deficits in hip bone mineral density (BMD) cross-sectionally associated with sitting time adjusted for physical activity.
Infants fed soy formula vs breast milk experienced greater bone acquisition during the first year of life.
Genetic predisposition for poor bone tissue quality may be a risk factor for hip fracture.
Brief training sessions several times a week for 2 years improved regional and whole-body bone development in teen girls.
Fracture prediction was more accurate with profiling of bone density-related variants vs clinical risk factors alone.
A modest reduction in risk for fracture was noted with calcium plus vitamin D supplements, but the effect on cardiovascular outcomes was unclear.
The oldest age group experienced the greatest improvements with alendronate, as compared with the younger groups in the study.
Osteoporosis and genomics will be among key highlights at the annual meeting of the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Association Between Urine Complement Proteins and Kidney Disease, Mortality in T2D
- PCSK9 Inhibition: Benefits Outweigh Risks in Patients With Diabetes
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Availability and Affordability of Diabetes Medication Worldwide
- Bioethics Concerns Should Be a Key Element in mHealth Technology Development
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- High Prevalence of Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome May Favor Screening in Diabetes
- Update on the T2D-Dementia Link: Interview With Experts
- Dozens of Medical Groups Join Forces to Improve Diagnoses