Experts from more than 30 national and international societies have pledged to intensify efforts and collaborate to address the "crisis" in osteoporosis.
Crosstalk between bone and muscle plays a significant role in exercise adaptation.
The risk for vertebral fracture in women with osteoporosis was significantly lower with romosozumab vs placebo at 12 months.
The combination of calcium, proteins, and probiotics found in yogurt may affect gut microbiota and have a positive effect on bone density.
A decline in Medicare reimbursement for DXA testing is one of the factors to higher-than-expected hip fracture rates.
ew findings from a population-based cohort study suggest that there are small but significant deficits in hip bone mineral density (BMD) cross-sectionally associated with sitting time adjusted for physical activity.
Infants fed soy formula vs breast milk experienced greater bone acquisition during the first year of life.
Genetic predisposition for poor bone tissue quality may be a risk factor for hip fracture.
Brief training sessions several times a week for 2 years improved regional and whole-body bone development in teen girls.
Fracture prediction was more accurate with profiling of bone density-related variants vs clinical risk factors alone.
A modest reduction in risk for fracture was noted with calcium plus vitamin D supplements, but the effect on cardiovascular outcomes was unclear.
The oldest age group experienced the greatest improvements with alendronate, as compared with the younger groups in the study.
Osteoporosis and genomics will be among key highlights at the annual meeting of the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy and Safety of Alirocumab in Diabetes Mellitus
- Safety of DPP-IV Inhibitor, Cardiovascular Events After ACS in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Transgender Youth Not Willing to Delay Hormone Therapy for Fertility Preservation
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- Single Blood Sample Highly Predictive for Subsequent Diabetes Diagnosis
- Plasma Methylglyoxal Levels Associated With CVD, Mortality in Type 2 Diabetes
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- AMA: Federal Government Must Tackle Rising Insulin Prices
- Diabetes Medication Reconciliation May Reduce Risk of ED Visits