ASACOL HD Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Mesalamine 800mg; delayed release tabs.
Indications for ASACOL HD:
Moderately active ulcerative colitis.
Swallow whole; do not crush or chew. Treatment: 1600mg 3 times daily for 6 weeks.
History of renal disease; monitor renal function before and during therapy. Pyloric stenosis. Pre-existing liver disease. Reevaluate periodically. Elderly (monitor CBCs). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Headache, GI upset or pain, constipation, eructation, nasopharyngitis, exacerbation of colitis symptoms (discontinue if occurs), dizziness, asthenia; renal impairment (eg, interstitial nephritis, minimal change nephropathy, renal failure [rare]).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- HbA1c Levels Predictive of Liraglutide Treatment Response in T2D
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- ADA Updates Guidelines for Cardiovascular Risk Management in Diabetes
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Hormonal Contraceptives May Adversely Affect Psychological Health in Adolescent Girls
- Obesity Can Negatively Effect Liver in Children as Young as 8
- Recommendations Developed on Gender Equity in Medicine
- Intensive Lifestyle Interventions Cut Long-Term Disability in Type 2 Diabetes