Generic Name and Formulations:
Anastrozole 1mg; tabs.
Indications for ARIMIDEX:
In postmenopausal women: adjuvant treatment of hormone receptor-positive early breast cancer; first-line treatment of hormone receptor-positive or unknown locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer; advanced breast cancer with disease progression after tamoxifen therapy.
1mg once daily. Advanced disease: continue until tumor progression.
Women who are or may become pregnant. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Pre-existing ischemic heart disease. Severe hepatic impairment. Monitor bone mineral density, cholesterol. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antagonized by tamoxifen, estrogens; do not give concomitantly.
Hot flashes, asthenia, arthritis, pain, arthralgia, pharyngitis, hypertension, depression, nausea, vomiting, rash, osteoporosis, fractures, back pain, insomnia, headache, peripheral edema, lymphedema, dyspnea, dizziness, paresthesia, vaginal bleeding, cough, hypercholesterolemia.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- Reducing Total Daily Insulin Dose in T2D: 3-Meal vs 6-Meal Diet
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Effect of High Androgen Levels on Cardiovascular Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Fertility in Women Negatively Affected by Asthma Medications
- Glucocorticoid Use in COPD Does Not Increase Fracture Risk
- Drug Copayments Often Cost More Than Prescription Drugs
- Closed-Loop Insulin Delivery Offers Best Outcomes for Pregnant Women With T1D