ARICEPT ODT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Donepezil HCl 5mg, 10mg; orally-disintegrating tabs.
Indications for ARICEPT ODT:
Tabs: Swallow whole with water. ODT: dissolve on tongue, follow with water. Mild-to-moderate: Initially 5mg daily at bedtime, may increase to max 10mg daily after 4–6 weeks; usual dose: 5mg or 10mg once daily. Moderate-to-severe: initially 5mg daily at bedtime, may increase to 10mg daily after 4–6 weeks; may further increase to max 23mg daily after 3 months; usual dose: 10mg or 23mg once daily.
Cardiac conduction conditions. Peptic ulcer. Monitor for GI bleeding. Seizures. Asthma or COPD. GU obstruction. Body weight <55kg. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Reversible acetylcholinesterase inhibitor (piperidine deriv).
Drugs that affect CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 may affect rate of elimination. Antagonizes anticholinergics. May potentiate succinylcholine-type muscle relaxants, other cholinesterase inhibitors, cholinergic agonists (eg, bethanecol). Concomitant NSAIDs may increase risk of GI bleed.
Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, insomnia, muscle cramps, fatigue, anorexia, weight loss (esp. using 23mg/day dose).
Tabs 5mg, 10mg—30, 90, 1000; 23mg—30, 90; ODT—30
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Link Between Gestational Diabetes and Risk for CVD and Diabetes in Hispanic/Latina Population
- Clinical Characteristics Altering Risks and Benefits of Sulfonylureas and Thiazolidinedione Therapy in T2D
- 6 Factors Related to Inclusion in Health Care Workplace Identified
- Weight Gain After Quitting Smoking May Increase Risk for T2D