Generic Name and Formulations:
Carbinoxamine maleate 4mg; scored tabs.
Indications for ARBINOXA:
Allergic (seasonal and perennial) and vasomotor rhinitis, conjunctivitis, urticaria, angioedema, reactions to blood. Adjunct in anaphylaxis. Dermatographism.
4–8mg 3–4 times daily.
<2yrs: contraindicated. 2–5yrs: 0.2–0.4mg/kg/day in 3–4 divided doses. 6–11yrs: 2–4mg 3–4 times daily.
Children <2yrs old. Concomitant MAOIs. Nursing mothers.
Not for treating lower respiratory tract symptoms, including asthma. Narrow angle glaucoma. Peptic ulcer. GI or GU obstruction. Increased intraocular pressure. Hyperthyroidism. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
CNS depression potentiated by alcohol (avoid), other CNS depressants. MAOIs potentiate anticholinergic effects.
Sedation, sleepiness, dizziness, disturbed coordination, GI upset, thickening of bronchial secretions, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children.
Tabs—100; Oral soln—16oz
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- Reducing Total Daily Insulin Dose in T2D: 3-Meal vs 6-Meal Diet
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Effect of High Androgen Levels on Cardiovascular Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Fertility in Women Negatively Affected by Asthma Medications
- Glucocorticoid Use in COPD Does Not Increase Fracture Risk
- Drug Copayments Often Cost More Than Prescription Drugs
- Closed-Loop Insulin Delivery Offers Best Outcomes for Pregnant Women With T1D