Most Recent Articles by Anna Kitabjian
Perioperative glucose control may be more important than preoperative HbA1c in predicting 30-day postoperative mortality.
Treating Moderate to Severe Graves' Orbitopathy: Methylprednisolone Alone vs Combined With MycophenolateMar 14, 2018
This study is the first to investigate the efficacy and safety of add-on mycophenolate to methylprednisolone for moderate to severe Graves' orbitopathy.
There was no significant difference in 12-month weight loss between the healthy low-fat and low-carbohydrate diets, and neither genotype pattern nor baseline insulin secretion was associated with the dietary effects on weight loss.
Study found that the absence of proliferative diabetic retinopathy in those with stage 3b chronic kidney disease is associated with a lower prevalence of cardiovascular disease in patients with long duration of type 1 diabetes.
Placebo-treated patients with diabetes commonly experienced a reduction in HbA1c, more markedly in augmented vs exclusively placebo-controlled treatment arms.
More Articles by Anna Kitabjian
Duration of Prediabetes, Diabetes Independently Associated With Subclinical Atherosclerosis, Cardiac DysfunctionFeb 05,2018
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Case for Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Youth-Onset Type 2 Diabetes
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Pioglitazone May Reduce Cardiovascular, Noncardiovascular Mortality in T2D
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- No Cardiovascular Benefit With Fenofibrate in T2D and Hypertriglyceridemia
- Cardiovascular Function May Improve After Cure of Cushing Syndrome
- Primary Prevention Outcomes With Aspirin in T2D and Heart Failure
- Greater Bone Formation With Teriparatide vs Zoledronic Acid in Osteoporosis