Androgen And Reproductive Disorders
These analyses may serve clinicians in addressing potential psychiatric obstacles in patients undergoing fertility treatments.
The case study focused on the story of a clinician who arrived in Lebanon to discuss how to best offer infertility treatment to Syrian refugees in the region.
To evaluate safety and efficacy of this therapy, study authors gathered data on patients treated with the combination from 2014 to 2017.
Physical activity modifies the association between the body mass index genetic risk score and BMI.
Men with higher estradiol and estradiol/testosterone levels had an increased risk for pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Serum chemerin may serve as a biomarker to identify pregnant women with polycystic ovary syndrome who are at particular risk for later abortion, and who may benefit from prevention strategies.
Meta-analysis shows that alcohol intake is moderately associated with premenstrual syndrome risk.
Recognizing the increased need for antibiotic stewardship, the researchers consider HAAT to be a useful alternative to systemic antibiotic therapy that is effective and well tolerated among women with inflammatory acne.
Menstrual dysfunction is common in girls with recently diagnosed type 2 diabetes, and does not improve with 2years of anti-hyperglycemic treatment.
Metformin treatment during pregnancy did not influence the metabolic profile in women with polycystic ovary syndrome at 7.7 years of follow-up.
These data confirmed the increased risk for psychiatric disorders in women with PCOS, and indicated an increased risk for ADHD and ASD in their children.
Researchers evaluated the association between PCOS and psychiatric outcomes, as well as whether rates of autism spectrum disorder and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder are higher in children of mothers with PCOS.
Clinicians should use a total testosterone level below 300ng/dL as a reasonable cut-off in support of the diagnosis of low testosterone.
Results from the ongoing Platinum Study revealed the prevalence of risk factors for CVD among survivors of testicular cancer who received chemotherapy for their cancer.
A number of adverse events or side effects have been reported, but this is the first report of hyperprolactinemia as the result of ingestion of kratom.
Bremelanotide, an investigational product, is thought to possess a novel mechanism of action, activating endogenous melanocortin pathways involved in sexual desire and response.
Researchers conducted a prospective, population-based cohort study to assess the risk for cardiovascular disease in postmenopausal women with increased androgen levels.
Karyotyping of girls with short stature and high FSH levels would allow early diagnosis of Turner syndrome in a significant number of patients, especially where resources for chromosome study are limited.
Researchers tested whether semen quality and reproductive function could be a marker of general health in men.
A new study presented at ENDO 2018 finds that giving 1 year of estrogen replacement to female athletes with exercise-induced menstrual irregularities improves drive for thinness, body dissatisfaction, and uncontrolled eating.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Dulaglutide Effective for Patients With T2D, Moderate to Severe CKD
- Incidence of Diabetes Influenced by Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in the Environment
- Guidelines for Management of Hypothalamic-Pituitary, Growth Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Romosozumab: Effective in Men With Osteoporosis
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- NT-proBNP May Predict Cardiovascular Outcomes in Type 2 Diabetes
- Placebo Effect of Various Female Sexual Dysfunction Drug Txs Assessed
- Link Between Oral Diabetes Medications and Bullous Pemphigoid
- Calcium Channel Blocker May Benefit Patients With Type 1 Diabetes
- β-Cell Function in Youth With Impaired Glucose Tolerance, T2D