In addition to the risk that children with CPP will not reach their adult height potential, a range of studies have noted a high risk for psychological, social, and behavioral problems in this population.
To investigate the association between hormone therapy and carpal tunnel syndrome risk, researchers conducted a secondary analysis of the Women's Health Initiative (WHI) hormone therapy trials.
Severe vulvovaginal atrophy (VVA) symptoms are associated with worse quality of life in postmenopausal women.
Drospirenone is a spironolactone analogue with antimineralocorticoid and antiandrogenic activity.
Women who undergo surgical menopause have significantly worse sleep quality than those who experience natural menopause.
Prior to starting Xyosted, the patient's baseline cardiovascular risk should be considered and blood pressure should be adequately controlled.
The year-long Phase 2b trial, funded by the National Institutes of Health, will enroll approximately 420 couples that are seeking pregnancy prevention across 3 US sites (Los Angeles, Seattle, and Kansas City).
In a select sample of men, testosterone treatment in higher doses was observed to be effective for reducing depressive symptoms.
In older men with low testosterone concentrations, testosterone therapy improves self-reported walking ability and outcomes on the 6-minute walking test.
Functional disability progressed more rapidly in postmenopausal compared with premenopausal women with rheumatoid arthritis.
Without proper instructions for the correct use of the Veridate dispenser pack, the patient may take the pills in the wrong order or may take an inactive "reminder" pill vs an "active" pill.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diet Quality and Glycemic Control in Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Most Foods Containing Fructose Do Not Have Harmful Effect on Glycemic Control
- Effects of a Low-Carbohydrate Diet on Weight Loss Maintenance
- Sleep Quality in Women With Surgical vs Natural Menopause
- Unhealthy Lifestyle and Rotating Night Shifts Put Nurses at Higher Risk for T2D
- Hypothyroidism Treatment No Longer Available
- Obesity Subtype May Determine Outcomes After Bariatric Surgery
- Few Physicians Work in Practices That Use Telemedicine
- Skin Autofluorescence Predicts T2D, Heart Disease, Mortality
- ACC: Smoking Cessation Expert Decision Pathway Emphasizes Team-Based Support