While it is now well-established that having MS should not limit patients' reproductive choices, this was not always the case.
Higher levels of estradiol were inversely associated with carotid artery intima-media thickness progression in the early postmenopausal cohort but positively associated with it in the late postmenopausal group.
During 2007 to 2017, fertility rates decreased in the United States for each urbanization level.
Middle-aged testosterone replacement therapy users with COPD had a greater reduction in hospitalizations compared with nonusers.
The expanded approval was supposed by safety and efficacy data from the Phase 3 ACCESS IUS trial (N = 1751) in women receiving Liletta. In the trial, Liletta demonstrated >99% efficacy in preventing pregnancy for up to 5 years in a broad patient population.
Daily oral administration of dimethandrolone undecanoate for 28 days in healthy men is well tolerated and has properties consistent with an effective male contraceptive.
Postmenopausal women with weight loss have a reduced risk for breast cancer.
Xyosted carries a Boxed Warning regarding blood pressure increases that may potentially increase the risk for major adverse cardiovascular events.
Light treatments successfully corrected abnormal timing of melatonin circadian rhythms in perimenopausal women with depression and improved mood and sleep within 2 weeks.
Researchers concluded that physical activity was not associated with risk for early menopause.
Healthy nonmenopausal women taking oral contraceptives exhibited biomarkers for drug-induced torsade de pointes.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Thyroid Hormone Therapy Not Beneficial for Subclinical Hypothyroidism
- Bacillus Calmette-Guerin Vaccination Lowers HbA1c in Type 1 Diabetes
- Early Manifestations, Sex Differences May Aid in Acromegaly Diagnosis
- Predictive Variables for Permanent vs Transient Congenital Hypothyroidism
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- The Progression of Health Care From Personalized Medicine to Wellness Genomics and Beyond