Generic Name and Formulations:
Cyclobenzaprine HCl 15mg, 30mg; ext-rel caps.
Indications for AMRIX:
Adjunct to rest and physical therapy for relief of muscle spasm associated with acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions.
Take at same time each day. 15mg once daily; may increase to 30mg/day given once daily. Max 2–3 weeks. Elderly or hepatic impairment: not recommended.
Acute post-MI. Arrhythmias, heart block, other conduction disturbances. CHF. Hyperthyroidism. During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Not effective in treating spasticity associated with cerebral or spinal chord disease or in children with cerebral palsy. Urinary retention. Angle-closure glaucoma. Increased intraocular pressure. Hepatic impairment or elderly: not recommended. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Muscle relaxant (central).
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of serotonin syndrome with other serotonergic drugs (eg, SSRIs, SNRIs, tricyclic antidepressants, tramadol, bupropion, meperidine, verapamil, MAOIs); discontinue if occurs. Potentiates anticholinergics, alcohol, other CNS depressants. May antagonize guanethidine, clonidine. May enhance seizure risk with concomitant tramadol.
Drowsiness, dry mouth, dizziness, fatigue, headache, somnolence, constipation, nausea, dyspepsia, dysgeusia, tremor, nervousness, asthenia, blurred vision, confusion.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Higher Risk for Meningioma Linked to GH Treatment, Radiotherapy During Childhood
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Comparing Antidiabetic Drug Classes for Risk of Heart Failure
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- Cochrane Data Release and the Case for "Open Science"
- Rate of Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Characteristics of Acquired Partial Lipodystrophy With Metabolic Abnormalities
- Poor Glycemic Control Associated With Higher Risk for Dementia in Older Adults With T1D
- Shift Seen From EDs to Urgent Care for Low-Acuity, Acute Care