Aminocaproic Acid Injection Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Aminocaproic acid 250mg/mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; contains benzyl alcohol.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Aminocaproic Acid Injection:
Bleeding associated with fibrinolysis.
4–5g (in 250mL of diluent) by IV infusion during the 1st hour, then 1g/hour (in 50mL of diluent) for 8 hours or until bleeding is controlled.
Active intravascular clotting process. Disseminated intravascular coagulation without concomitant heparin.
Upper urinary tract bleeding: not recommended. Cardiac, hepatic or renal disease. Risk of myopathy with long-term use; monitor creatine phosphokinase (CPK); discontinue if CPK rises. Avoid rapid IV administration. Neonates. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant Factor IX complex or Anti-inhibitor Coagulant concentrates; may increase thrombosis risk.
Inj site reactions, bradycardia, hypotension, GI upset, edema, headache, malaise, CNS effects, thrombosis, others; rare: myopathy.
Tabs—100; Oral soln—473mL; Inj—contact supplier
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Case for Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Youth-Onset Type 2 Diabetes
- Telemedicine Expands Access to Rural, Low-Income, Isolated Communities
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Pioglitazone May Reduce Cardiovascular, Noncardiovascular Mortality in T2D
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- MiniMed 670G System Improves Glycemic Outcomes in Children With T1D
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Low Sperm Count Linked to Poor Metabolic, Cardiovascular, Bone Health
- Estrogen Improves Eating Behavior, Psychopathology in Oligo-Amenorrheic Athletes