AMICAR TABLETS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Aminocaproic acid 500mg, 1000mg; scored tabs.
Clover Pharmaceuticals Corp.
Indications for AMICAR TABLETS:
Bleeding associated with fibrinolysis.
Initially 5g during 1st hour, then 1g/hour for 8 hours or until bleeding is controlled.
Active intravascular clotting process. Disseminated intravascular coagulation without concomitant heparin.
Upper urinary tract bleeding: not recommended. Cardiac, hepatic or renal disease. Risk of myopathy with long-term use; monitor creatine phosphokinase (CPK); discontinue if CPK rises. Avoid rapid IV administration. Neonates. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant Factor IX complex or Anti-inhibitor Coagulant concentrates; may increase thrombosis risk.
Inj site reactions, bradycardia, hypotension, GI upset, edema, headache, malaise, CNS effects, thrombosis, others; rare: myopathy.
Tabs—100; Oral soln—473mL; Inj—contact supplier
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Prediabetes a Useful Indicator for Cardiovascular and Renal Risks
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Gut Microbiota Profiles in Prediabetes
- Metabolic Syndrome Associated With Higher ALT Levels in Chronic Hepatitis B
- Young Adults With Type 1 Diabetes Show Muscle Metabolic Deficiencies
- Social Support of Autonomy Tied to Better Glycemic Control in Diabetes
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation