ALPHANINE SD Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Coagulation Factor IX (human) 250 IU, 500 IU, 1000 IU, 1500 IU; per vial; lyophilized concentrate for IV infusion after reconstitution; contains non-therapeutic Factor II, Factor VII, Factor X.
Grifols Biologicals, Inc.
Indications for ALPHANINE SD:
Prevention and control of bleeding in Hemophilia B.
Dosage Required (IU) = Body Weight (kg) × Desired Factor IX increase × 1 IU/kg. Individualize. Max infusion rate: 10mL/min. Mild hemorrhage: increase FIX 20–30% (20–30 IU/kg twice daily) for 1–2 days or until resolved. Moderate hemorrhage: increase FIX 25–50% (25–50 IU/kg twice daily) for 2–7 days. Major hemorrhage: increase FIX 50% (30–50 IU/kg twice daily) for 3–5 days then maintain at 20% (20 IU/kg twice daily) for up to 10 days. Surgery: pre-op: increase FIX 50–100% (50–100 IU/kg twice daily), then maintain at 50–100% for 7–10 days or until healed.
Not for treating Factor II, VII, or X deficiencies; Hemophilia A with Factor VIII inhibitors, or reversal of coumarin-induced hemorrhage. Contains human plasma; monitor for transmission of infectious diseases. Previously untreated patients: closely monitor for signs of anaphylaxis between days 10 and 20 of exposure. Immune tolerance induction. Major deletion mutations in Factor IX gene. Liver disease. Surgery. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Chills, nausea, inj site reactions; hypersensitivity reactions, thrombosis, disseminated intravascular coagulation.
Report all infections suspected to be transmitted by AlphaNine SD to (888) 675-2762.
Single-use vials—1 (w. diluent, supplies)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Metformin May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- No Cardiovascular Benefit With Fenofibrate in T2D and Hypertriglyceridemia
- Cardiovascular Function May Improve After Cure of Cushing Syndrome
- Primary Prevention Outcomes With Aspirin in T2D and Heart Failure