Albuterol Inhalation Soln 0.5% Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Albuterol (as sulfate) 0.5%.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Albuterol Inhalation Soln 0.5%:
By nebulizer: 2.5mg (0.5mL of 0.5% diluted to 3mL with sterile normal saline, or 3mL of 0.083%) 3–4 times daily.
Use other forms.
Avoid excessive use. Sensitivity to sympathomimetics. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm or cardiovascular effects occur. Cardiovascular disease (eg, coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension). Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Seizure disorders. Reevaluate periodically. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid MAOIs, tricyclics within 14 days (increased cardiovascular effects). Oral sympathomimetics: not recommended. Antagonized by β-blockers. Monitor digoxin. Caution with other drugs that may lower serum potassium (eg, diuretics).
Tremor, nervousness, headache, dizziness, hyperactivity, insomnia, weakness, tachycardia, epistaxis, hypokalemia, throat irritation (inh), paradoxical bronchospasm; immediate hypersensitivity reactions (eg, rash, urticaria, angioedema).
Formerly known under the brand names Proventil (aerosol, soln, nebules), Ventolin (aerosol, soln, syrup).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Insulin Analogs vs Regular Human Insulin for Type 2 Diabetes
- Trends in Bisphosphonate Use and Hip Fracture Rates in Denmark
- Gender-Affirming Hormonal Treatment and Long-Term Bone Safety
- Primary Characteristics of PCOS Predictive of Obstetric Complications
- Maternal Thyroid Function in Pregnancy Linked to Childhood Risk for Disease
- Sleep Habits Affect Insulin Sensitivity in Adolescents With Overweight, Obesity
- Levothyroxine Associated With Increased Mortality in Patients With Heart Failure
- Head-to-Head Comparison of Professional vs Personal CGM Systems in T1D
- Dual vs Triple Therapy for Metformin Treatment Intensification in Type 2 Diabetes
- Familial Hypercholesterolemia: An Underdiagnosed Disease Gets a Second Look
- FDA Committee Votes on Oral T1D Treatment Sotagliflozin
- Elevated Plasma Agouti-Related Protein May Be a Marker for Cushing Disease
- Therapeutic Effect of Long-Chain PUFA Omega 3 Supplementation in Obese Children
- Poor Health Outcomes Associated With Fear of Crime, Violence Among College Students of Color
- Safety of PCSK9 Inhibitors After Heart Transplantation Examined