AFEDITAB CR Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nifedipine 30mg, 60mg; ext-rel tabs.
Indications for AFEDITAB CR:
Swallow whole. Initially 30mg once daily, titrate over 7–14 days; usual maintenance dose: 30–60mg once daily; max 90mg/day.
Aortic stenosis. Angina. Severe obstructive coronary artery disease. Heart failure. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Hypotension, angina and heart failure possible with β-blockers (esp. timolol). Potentiated by quinidine (monitor heart rate; adjust dose); diltiazem, verapamil, doxazosin, ketoconazole, itraconazole, fluconazole, cimetidine, quinupristin/dalfopristin, erythromycin, nefazodone, valproic acid, (reduce nifedipine dose); amprenavir, atazanavir, delavirine, fosamprenavir, indinavir, nelfinavir, ritonavir, grapefruit juice (avoid). Antagonized by rifampin, rifapentine, phenytoin, phenobarbitone, carbamazepine, St. John's Wort. Potentiates digoxin, tacrolimus (monitor). Antagonizes doxazosin. Hypotension possible with fentanyl. Monitor oral anticoagulants. Hyperglycemia with acarbose.
Calcium channel blocker (CCB) (dihydropyridine).
Headache, flushing/heat sensation, fatigue, dizziness, constipation, nausea, edema; rare: increased angina, acute MI.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Case for Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Youth-Onset Type 2 Diabetes
- Telemedicine Expands Access to Rural, Low-Income, Isolated Communities
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Pioglitazone May Reduce Cardiovascular, Noncardiovascular Mortality in T2D
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- MiniMed 670G System Improves Glycemic Outcomes in Children With T1D
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Low Sperm Count Linked to Poor Metabolic, Cardiovascular, Bone Health
- Estrogen Improves Eating Behavior, Psychopathology in Oligo-Amenorrheic Athletes