Data from a phase 1 study was presented at the 2017 ADA Scientific Sessions.
Researchers presented data from the ODYSSEY DM Insulin and Dyslipidemia trials at ADA 2017.
Hypoglycemic episodes, moderate or severe, can effectively and efficiently be managed by nasal glucagon in adult patients with type 1 diabetes.
Two studies examined the effects of naltrexone/bupropion on weight loss, glycemic parameters, and cardiovascular risks in patients with type 2 diabetes.
Patients with type 2 diabetes taking statins after insulin initiation had better glycemic control, but their risk for mortality was higher compared with patients who did not take statins.
A randomized double-blind trial examined the safety and efficacy of ertugliflozin plus metformin for inadequately controlled type 2 diabetes.
Low-Carbohydrate vs Low-fat Diet Success In Patients With Prediabetes Differs According to Fasting Insulin LevelsJune 13, 2017
Fasting plasma glucose, insulin, and insulin sensitivity levels were measured to determine their prognostic value as markers for long-term weight loss.
Researchers examined the relationship between maternal diabetes and asthma risk in children.
Mental health and behavioral screenings should be routine part of care for pediatric patients with diabetes
More patients in the device-supported group achieved a fasting self-monitored plasma glucose target of 90 to 130 mg/dL at week 16 without severe hypoglycemia.
HbA1c fell from 7.9%±2.0% at admission to 7.1%±1.5% at 3 months after discharge.
Researchers conducted a subgroup analysis of the SPRINT clinical trial to determine whether intensive blood pressure treatment outcomes were similar in patients with prediabetes vs normal fasting blood glucose levels.
A new point-of-care C peptide test may increase ease and access to testing for patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
Canagliflozin reduced levels of cardiovascular stress biomarkers N-terminal pro-B type natriuretic peptide and high sensitivity troponin I.
False blood glucose elevations, caused by medication interference, are common in critically ill children.
At 3 months, ezetimibe produced greater reductions in LDL cholesterol, whereas colesevelam produced greater reductions in HbA1c levels.
At 12 years of testosterone treatment, HbA1c decreased to 5.5±0.3%.
Flow mediated dilation changes improved in patients who received dapagliflozin.
Sitagliptin improved glucose excursion and lowered triglyceride levels in men with prediabetes who were also overweight.
Interventions seeking to counteract antipsychotic-induced weight gain and cardiometabolic disturbances have had limited success.
Researchers assessed whether neurolysis could alleviate pain associated with diabetic neuropathy.
Neonates did not differ in terms of birthweight, fat mass, body fat percentage, and sum of skinfolds, regardless of treatment.
American Indian youth with increasingly severe obesity had a significantly higher risk of type 2 diabetes incidence.
Patients with cardiovascular disease and both type 2 diabetes and chronic kidney disease had the highest risk for mortality.
First look at research to be presented at ADA 2017.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Fatigue Management Contributes to Effective Endometriosis Care
- Assessment of Low-Dose Aspirin As Chemoprevention in Type 2 Diabetes
- Treatment With Alemtuzumab May Frequently Induce Thyroid Dysfunction
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Adjunctive Aripiprazole Lowers Prolactin Levels in Women With Psychosis
- When Physicians Become Patients: Challenges in Seeking Health Care
- Statin Use and Cardiovascular Risk Perception Varies Among Races
- Impact of a Longer Work Week on Diabetes Incidence
- Relationship Between Estradiol Level and Mortality in Elderly Men