Generic Name and Formulations:
Haemophilus b conjugate 10mcg (tetanus toxoid conjugate) per 0.5mL; pwd for IM inj after reconstitution with saline, Sanofi Pasteur DTaP, Tripedia.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for ACTHIB:
Combined with supplied saline diluent by reconstitution: for the active immunization of children 2–18 months of age against H. influenzae type b. Combined with Tripedia (DTaP) vaccine by reconstitution: for the active immunization of children 15–18 months of age against H. influenzae type b, diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis.
Inject IM in thigh or deltoid. Reconstituted with DTaP, or saline: <2months: not recommended. As 1st, 2nd, 3rd dose in series: 0.5mL at 2, 4, and 6 months. Reconstituted with Tripedia (DTaP): <15months: not recommended. As 4th dose in series: 0.5mL at 15–18months, then 5th dose at 4–6yrs. Previously unvaccinated children: see literature.
Immunodeficiency/ suppression, malignancies: may get suboptimal response. Delay administration in active infection or fever. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Protection begins 2 weeks after inoculation. Pregnancy (Cat.C): not recommended.
Local pain, redness, swelling, irritability, drowsiness, anorexia, fever, GI upset.
ActHIB may be reconstituted with either supplied saline diluent or Sanofi Pasteur DTaP, Tripedia. TriHIBit is a product of the reconstitution of ActHIB with Tripedia for the 4th dose only.
Single-dose vials—5 (w. saline diluent)
Single-dose vials—5 (w. 5 Tripedia vials as diluent)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diet Quality and Glycemic Control in Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Most Foods Containing Fructose Do Not Have Harmful Effect on Glycemic Control
- Effects of a Low-Carbohydrate Diet on Weight Loss Maintenance
- Sleep Quality in Women With Surgical vs Natural Menopause
- Unhealthy Lifestyle and Rotating Night Shifts Put Nurses at Higher Risk for T2D
- Hypothyroidism Treatment No Longer Available
- Obesity Subtype May Determine Outcomes After Bariatric Surgery
- Few Physicians Work in Practices That Use Telemedicine
- Skin Autofluorescence Predicts T2D, Heart Disease, Mortality
- ACC: Smoking Cessation Expert Decision Pathway Emphasizes Team-Based Support