ACC Scientific Sessions 2015
Heart failure patients with diabetes had smaller increases in peak VO2 and lower adherence to exercise training than those without diabetes.
Adding ticagrelor to aspirin as long-term therapy after myocardial infarction may significantly reduce the rate of CV death, myocardial infarction or stroke.
An intensive behavioral modification delivered to employees in a health care setting resulted in weight loss and improved BP control and HbA1c levels.
Recently presented data support the 20113 ACC/AHA guidelines on recommendations for cholesterol evaluation and treatment.
Many patients with diabetes may not be adhering to medication regimens and are therefore experiencing higher rates of cardiac events.
The quantity and quality of available evidence may not be strong enough to support widespread recommendation of the Mediterranean diet.
Long-term sustained weight loss has been associated with a significant reduction in atrial fibrillation burden in obese patients.
The PCSK9 inhibitor evolocumab appears to be safe and effective for reducing LDL cholesterol in older patients.
Eating dark chocolate could help improve the cardiovascular health of sedentary older adults, according to data presented at ACC 2015.
Experiencing hot flashes earlier in life appears to be linked to poorer endothelial function in women.
An increasingly sedentary lifestyle has been linked to coronary calcification, regardless of exercise or traditional cardiovascular risk factors.
New data from two studies indicate that testosterone therapy is not associated with cardiovascular risks, which challenges recent FDA decisions.
Nearly half of patients with prediabetes enrolled in a comprehensive health program plus usual care had normal blood glucose by 6 months.
Patients with hypertension, obesity or diabetes at age 45 years were diagnosed with heart failure more than a decade earlier than those without these risk factors.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diet Quality and Glycemic Control in Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Most Foods Containing Fructose Do Not Have Harmful Effect on Glycemic Control
- Hypothyroidism Treatment No Longer Available
- Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in Personal Care Products Linked to Early Puberty
- Normalized HbA1c Levels Facilitate Improved Neuropathy Outcomes in T2D
- Hypertensive Disorders in Pregnancy, Postpartum BMI Linked to T2D Risk
- Sleep Quality, Duration Affect Risk for Falls and Fractures in Older Women
- Physician Burnout Linked to Stress in Using Health Information Technology
- Type 2 Diabetes Linked to Colorectal Cancer Risk in Men
- Urinary Incontinence Drug May Reduce Frequency of Hot Flashes