Echocardiography and early intervention may be cost-effective in older patients with type 2 diabetes.
Children who exhibited at least 4 unhealthy behaviors were more likely to be obese and have unfavorable cholesterol levels.
After 5 years, more patients in the surgery group had lower blood glucose than in medication-only group.
Many people estimated their risk to be as high as 80%.
Evacetrapib did lower low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in high vascular risk patients, but did not reduce major cardiovascular events.
Certain SNPs may indicate which type 2 diabetes patients with coronary artery disease will experience a cardiovascular event.
Having both diseases raises a patient's chances for developing diabetes.
The association between hand grip strength and cardiovascular events was independent of traditional risk factors.
Results from HOPE-3 suggest statins can be more widely used in intermediate-risk patients without cardiovascular disease.
Certain biomarkers as well as baseline factors were specifically related to sudden cardiac death.
Remnant cholesterol predicted coronary artery disease events even after adjustment for presence and extent of disease.
Significant reductions in blood pressure and LDL cholesterol were noted.
Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels correlated with risk for dyslipidemia.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy and Safety of Alirocumab in Diabetes Mellitus
- Safety of DPP-IV Inhibitor, Cardiovascular Events After ACS in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Transgender Youth Not Willing to Delay Hormone Therapy for Fertility Preservation
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- Single Blood Sample Highly Predictive for Subsequent Diabetes Diagnosis
- Plasma Methylglyoxal Levels Associated With CVD, Mortality in Type 2 Diabetes
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- AMA: Federal Government Must Tackle Rising Insulin Prices
- Diabetes Medication Reconciliation May Reduce Risk of ED Visits