Echocardiography and early intervention may be cost-effective in older patients with type 2 diabetes.
Children who exhibited at least 4 unhealthy behaviors were more likely to be obese and have unfavorable cholesterol levels.
After 5 years, more patients in the surgery group had lower blood glucose than in medication-only group.
Many people estimated their risk to be as high as 80%.
Evacetrapib did lower low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in high vascular risk patients, but did not reduce major cardiovascular events.
Certain SNPs may indicate which type 2 diabetes patients with coronary artery disease will experience a cardiovascular event.
Having both diseases raises a patient's chances for developing diabetes.
The association between hand grip strength and cardiovascular events was independent of traditional risk factors.
Results from HOPE-3 suggest statins can be more widely used in intermediate-risk patients without cardiovascular disease.
Certain biomarkers as well as baseline factors were specifically related to sudden cardiac death.
Remnant cholesterol predicted coronary artery disease events even after adjustment for presence and extent of disease.
Significant reductions in blood pressure and LDL cholesterol were noted.
Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels correlated with risk for dyslipidemia.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Association Between Urine Complement Proteins and Kidney Disease, Mortality in T2D
- PCSK9 Inhibition: Benefits Outweigh Risks in Patients With Diabetes
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Availability and Affordability of Diabetes Medication Worldwide
- Bioethics Concerns Should Be a Key Element in mHealth Technology Development
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- High Prevalence of Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome May Favor Screening in Diabetes
- Update on the T2D-Dementia Link: Interview With Experts
- Dozens of Medical Groups Join Forces to Improve Diagnoses