Accuracy of glucose monitoring devices and protection of data are important issues for patients with diabetes.
Clinicians should consider a number of factors when weighing the risks and benefits of using SGLT2 inhibitors in patients with diabetes.
Joan K. Bardsley, MBA, RN, CDE, describes a joint position statement regarding implementation of diabetes self-management education.
Clinicians may be able to help ease the problem of female sexual dysfunction by talking to patients and learning about new treatments.
Diabetes educators can help patients with obesity achieve long-term weight loss and prevent gaining it back.
The FDA is coordinating with investigators, manufacturers, clinicians, and others to bring automated insulin delivery devices to market.
The Holy Grail of health care is delivery of quality care at a reduced cost. But what exactly is quality care? How do we really know we are cutting costs?
Data show that nonnutritive sweeteners likely do not change appetite or cause diabetes and may actually help with weight loss.
Increasing awareness of and knowledge about genetic testing for type 2 diabetes can benefit diabetes educators.
Joan K. Bardsley, MBA, RN, CDE, FAADE, offers her perspective on the current state of health care and what needs to change.
Taking steps to increase the visibility and convenience of healthier foods may help people lose weight.
Clinicians must be aware of the overlap between nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis and other metabolic disorders.
Identifying unhealthy sleep habits at routine visits may help patients with diabetes improve health outcomes.
Glucagon should be recognized as a lifesaver for hypoglycemia and a major treatment for diabetes.
Joan K. Bardsley, MBA, RN, CDE, discusses the theme of this year's annual meeting of the Association of Diabetes Educators.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- FDA to Review Gimoti for Diabetic Gastroparesis in Adult Women
- FDA Approves First Mobile App for Use in Preventing Pregnancy
- Hypothyroidism Predicts Atrial Tachyarrhythmia After AF Catheter Ablation
- Treating Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy With Electroacupuncture