Identifying celiac disease, preventing accidental gluten exposure is difficult in this patient population.
Results reveal a negative association between survival and acquisition of self-monitoring blood glucose supplies.
Timing of radioactive iodine ablation doesn't affect overall survival in papillary thyroid cancer.
Because adrenal enlargement is more common in some patients, hormonal evaluation may be useful in determining its clinical relevance.
Sonographic pattern should be used to determine the threshold for thyroid nodule biopsy and can stratify the risk for malignancy.
Virtual case-based simulations may reinforce the importance of foot care for health care providers managing patients with diabetes.
Prescribing oral medications alone may effectively treat patients with type 2 diabetes and HbA1c levels exceeding 9%.
Obese women who undergo thyroidectomy may require a higher dose of levothyroxine than nonobese women.
Insulin pump therapy may improve glycemic control while allowing for less insulin use in patients with type 2 diabetes.
The use of certified diabetes educator ambassadors may improve diabetes management while reducing the burden on the shortage of endocrinologists.
Guidance from a multidisciplinary team may improve perioperative management of diabetes.
Many patients with adrenal insufficiency do not receive adequate education on steroid dose adjustment or have emergency glucocorticoid kits.
New sonographic patterns proposed in the provisional 2014 ATA guidelines perform well for medullary thyroid cancer.
The benefits of testosterone therapy outweigh the risks, according to experts, and the FDA may need to rethink its stance.
The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists has developed a new module and toolkit for obesity medicine.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Association Between Urine Complement Proteins and Kidney Disease, Mortality in T2D
- PCSK9 Inhibition: Benefits Outweigh Risks in Patients With Diabetes
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Availability and Affordability of Diabetes Medication Worldwide
- Bioethics Concerns Should Be a Key Element in mHealth Technology Development
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- High Prevalence of Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome May Favor Screening in Diabetes
- Update on the T2D-Dementia Link: Interview With Experts
- Dozens of Medical Groups Join Forces to Improve Diagnoses