Identifying celiac disease, preventing accidental gluten exposure is difficult in this patient population.
Results reveal a negative association between survival and acquisition of self-monitoring blood glucose supplies.
Timing of radioactive iodine ablation doesn't affect overall survival in papillary thyroid cancer.
Because adrenal enlargement is more common in some patients, hormonal evaluation may be useful in determining its clinical relevance.
Sonographic pattern should be used to determine the threshold for thyroid nodule biopsy and can stratify the risk for malignancy.
Virtual case-based simulations may reinforce the importance of foot care for health care providers managing patients with diabetes.
Prescribing oral medications alone may effectively treat patients with type 2 diabetes and HbA1c levels exceeding 9%.
Obese women who undergo thyroidectomy may require a higher dose of levothyroxine than nonobese women.
Insulin pump therapy may improve glycemic control while allowing for less insulin use in patients with type 2 diabetes.
The use of certified diabetes educator ambassadors may improve diabetes management while reducing the burden on the shortage of endocrinologists.
Guidance from a multidisciplinary team may improve perioperative management of diabetes.
Many patients with adrenal insufficiency do not receive adequate education on steroid dose adjustment or have emergency glucocorticoid kits.
New sonographic patterns proposed in the provisional 2014 ATA guidelines perform well for medullary thyroid cancer.
The benefits of testosterone therapy outweigh the risks, according to experts, and the FDA may need to rethink its stance.
The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists has developed a new module and toolkit for obesity medicine.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy and Safety of Alirocumab in Diabetes Mellitus
- Safety of DPP-IV Inhibitor, Cardiovascular Events After ACS in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Transgender Youth Not Willing to Delay Hormone Therapy for Fertility Preservation
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- Single Blood Sample Highly Predictive for Subsequent Diabetes Diagnosis
- Plasma Methylglyoxal Levels Associated With CVD, Mortality in Type 2 Diabetes
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- AMA: Federal Government Must Tackle Rising Insulin Prices
- Diabetes Medication Reconciliation May Reduce Risk of ED Visits