Ongoing treatment with bisphosphonate therapy may not be needed to prevent future fractures in certain patients due to the sustained effect of the drug.
Despite the benefits of using immunoassays in clinical laboratories, various types of interference can lead to inaccurate results that cloud clinical decision-making.
Despite record numbers of women working in medicine, instances of gender discrimination and sexual harassment continue to proliferate.
In addition to the risk that children with CPP will not reach their adult height potential, a range of studies have noted a high risk for psychological, social, and behavioral problems in this population.
Varying degrees of alcohol consumption affect every major organ system.
The American Thyroid Association recently published updated evidence-based guidelines for diagnosing and managing adults with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid ...
Latest in Obesity
Although congenital heart defects are more frequent in offspring of mothers with overweight or obesity, the relationship between maternal overweight and obesity and risk for complex and specific heart defects is not well defined.
The co-occurrence of obesity and mood disorders increases the risk for physical comorbidities, poor mental health and psychological well-being, and less healthy behaviors.
Obesity is associated with lower gray matter brain volumes.
Latest in General Endocrinology
Holocaust survivors in Israel have higher rates of comorbidities but lower mortality compared with a control population.
Men who use androgenic anabolic steroids have an increased mortality risk, a notable increase in hospitalizations, and higher prevalence of certain disorders compared with the general population.
For early-stage breast cancer survivors, endocrine therapy (ET) appears to have no effect on neuropsychological performance or impairment over six years of follow-up.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Testosterone Use Remains High Among Men With Coronary Artery Disease
- Insulin Analogs vs Regular Human Insulin for Type 2 Diabetes
- Primary Characteristics of PCOS Predictive of Obstetric Complications
- Maternal Thyroid Function in Pregnancy Linked to Childhood Risk for Disease
- Trends in Bisphosphonate Use and Hip Fracture Rates in Denmark
- ADA's 2019 Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes Focus on Patient-Centered Care
- Sleep Habits Affect Insulin Sensitivity in Adolescents With Overweight, Obesity
- Levothyroxine Associated With Increased Mortality in Patients With Heart Failure
- Head-to-Head Comparison of Professional vs Personal CGM Systems in T1D
- Dual vs Triple Therapy for Metformin Treatment Intensification in Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk for Congenital Heart Defects in Offspring of Mothers With Obesity
- Is the MiniMed 670G System Safe for Children With Type 1 Diabetes?
- Gender-Affirming Hormonal Treatment and Long-Term Bone Safety
- Obesity Linked to Lower Gray Matter Brain Volume
- No Evidence for Health Benefits of Nonsugar Sweeteners