In addition to the risk that children with CPP will not reach their adult height potential, a range of studies have noted a high risk for psychological, social, and behavioral problems in this population.
With obesity reaching epidemic proportions, and its known association with many metabolic disorders such as type 2 diabetes, dyslipidemia, hypertension, and atherosclerosis, it is worthwhile to look at nutritional approaches to managing these chronic conditions.
A growing body of research highlights the important role of bone in glucose metabolism.
Compared with the general population, patients with type 2 diabetes are at a 35% to 60% greater risk for atrial fibrillation.
Varying degrees of alcohol consumption affect every major organ system.
The American Thyroid Association recently published updated evidence-based guidelines for diagnosing and managing adults with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid ...
Latest in Obesity
There are distinct subgroups or subtypes of obesity and some of these groups, including adults with disordered eating, may derive more benefit from bariatric surgery than others.
Children and adolescents with metabolically healthy obesity had higher carotid intima-media thickness compared with metabolically healthy individuals who were a normal weight.
A 12-month intensive lifestyle intervention including an energy-restricted Mediterranean diet, increased physical activity, and behavioral support for overweight/obese patients was found to be beneficial in decreasing adiposity and cardiovascular events.
Latest in General Endocrinology
Growth hormone replacement can raise irisin levels in children with growth hormone deficiency.
Normal height velocity can be maintained in prepubertal children during the catch-up growth period by reducing growth hormone dosage by 50%.
With greater awareness, better therapeutics, and more precise imaging and biochemical assays, patients with acromegaly can be diagnosed and treated earlier and are oftentimes cured.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diet Quality and Glycemic Control in Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Most Foods Containing Fructose Do Not Have Harmful Effect on Glycemic Control
- Effects of a Low-Carbohydrate Diet on Weight Loss Maintenance
- Sleep Quality in Women With Surgical vs Natural Menopause
- Unhealthy Lifestyle and Rotating Night Shifts Put Nurses at Higher Risk for T2D
- Hypothyroidism Treatment No Longer Available
- Obesity Subtype May Determine Outcomes After Bariatric Surgery
- Few Physicians Work in Practices That Use Telemedicine
- Skin Autofluorescence Predicts T2D, Heart Disease, Mortality
- ACC: Smoking Cessation Expert Decision Pathway Emphasizes Team-Based Support