ACP responds to criticism from the ADA, the Endocrine Society, the AACE, and the AADE of guidance that clinicians should aim to achieve an HbA1c level between 7% and 8% in most people with type 2 diabetes.
Testosterone therapy is recommended in men with hypogonadism to correct symptoms of testosterone deficiency. Men who are otherwise healthy do not need to be screened for hypogonadism.
An increasing number of studies support the use of continuous glucose monitoring in adult patients with T2D, and the observed benefits are likely to extend to youth with T2D.
Varying degrees of alcohol consumption affect every major organ system.
The American Thyroid Association recently published updated evidence-based guidelines for diagnosing and managing adults with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid ...
Latest in Obesity
Ethnicity,race, markers of insulin resistance, and genetic factors might help identify obese youth at risk for developing fatty liver.
Findings highlight the importance of screening for metabolic syndrome (MS) and the potential for MS to influence alanine aminotransferase and its interpretation in the context of HBV treatment decisions.
Researchers examined the relationship between early to mid-childhood adiposity measures and mid-childhood alanine aminotransferase levels.
Latest in General Endocrinology
One-hour plasma glucose is a useful predictor of retinopathy risk, has a predictive value similar to that of 2-hour plasma glucose, and may be considered as an alternative glucose time point during an oral glucose tolerance test.
This finding suggests an adverse effect of hormonal contraception on psychological health in adolescent girls.
Health care providers should offer family planning counseling to all women after spontaneous abortion, remaining responsive to individual patient needs.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Nivolumab Associated With Thyroiditis in Patients With Cancer
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation
- Risk for Fetal Loss Early in Pregnancy Not Greater With Noninsulin vs Insulin Therapy
- ACP: Position Paper Recommends Solutions to Close Gender Equity Gap
- Vitamin D Insufficiency Associated With Insulin Resistance Independent of Obesity in Children
- Factors Identified to Predict Fatty Liver in Obese Teens
- Artificial Pancreas Treatment Efficacious for Type 1 Diabetes