ACP responds to criticism from the ADA, the Endocrine Society, the AACE, and the AADE of guidance that clinicians should aim to achieve an HbA1c level between 7% and 8% in most people with type 2 diabetes.
Testosterone therapy is recommended in men with hypogonadism to correct symptoms of testosterone deficiency. Men who are otherwise healthy do not need to be screened for hypogonadism.
An increasing number of studies support the use of continuous glucose monitoring in adult patients with T2D, and the observed benefits are likely to extend to youth with T2D.
Varying degrees of alcohol consumption affect every major organ system.
The American Thyroid Association recently published updated evidence-based guidelines for diagnosing and managing adults with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid ...
Latest in Obesity
Physical activity modifies the association between the body mass index genetic risk score and BMI.
Investigators examined changes in weight from childhood to early adulthood and the risk for developing type 2 diabetes.
Severe obesity is associated with more rapid progression of disability in rheumatoid arthritis.
Latest in General Endocrinology
Oral contraceptive use in women of reproductive age may increase the risk for lifetime asthma.
Researchers studied women aged 40 to 65 years participating in the UK Women's Cohort Study, who had experienced natural menopause and responded to a food frequency questionnaire.
Recognizing the increased need for antibiotic stewardship, the researchers consider HAAT to be a useful alternative to systemic antibiotic therapy that is effective and well tolerated among women with inflammatory acne.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Triple-Goal Achievement Reduces Risk for Complications in Type 2 Diabetes
- Inverse Association Between Serum 25(OH)D Levels and Risk for Diabetes
- ADA Issues White Paper Addressing Escalating Cost of Insulin
- Neprilysin Inhibition May Reduce Renal Function Deterioration in Comorbid T2D and Chronic Heart Failure
- Serum Chemerin May Predict Risk for Spontaneous Abortion in Women With PCOS
- Diabetes Treatments
- Incretins, Thiazolidinediones Associated With Better Glycemic Control in T2D
- No Link Between HbA1c Levels and Wound Healing in Patients With Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Risk for Fetal Loss Early in Pregnancy Not Greater With Noninsulin vs Insulin Therapy
- Use of In-Hospital Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion: A Consensus Statement
- Effects of Gender on Clinical Outcomes in Empagliflozin-Treated Type 2 Diabetes
- Increased Risk for Type 2 Diabetes in Adolescents, Young Adults With ADHD
- Ideal Systolic Blood Pressure for CVD Prevention in Diabetes, Hypertension
- Smoking Associated With Lower Serum Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone Levels
- Inverse Link for Plasma 25(OH)D Concentration, Risk of T2D