Ongoing treatment with bisphosphonate therapy may not be needed to prevent future fractures in certain patients due to the sustained effect of the drug.
Despite the benefits of using immunoassays in clinical laboratories, various types of interference can lead to inaccurate results that cloud clinical decision-making.
Despite record numbers of women working in medicine, instances of gender discrimination and sexual harassment continue to proliferate.
In addition to the risk that children with CPP will not reach their adult height potential, a range of studies have noted a high risk for psychological, social, and behavioral problems in this population.
Varying degrees of alcohol consumption affect every major organ system.
The American Thyroid Association recently published updated evidence-based guidelines for diagnosing and managing adults with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid ...
Latest in Obesity
A considerable proportion of cancer cases in men and women are attributable to excess body weight (EBW), with variation in the proportion among states.
Patients with obesity undergoing projection radiography receive a higher dose area product (DAP) than normal-weight adults.
An expert panel assessed 41 diets to come up with their final results, examining the evidence behind each diet's claims, the short-term and long-term weight loss associated with the diet, how easy the diet is to follow, how well each diet conforms to current nutrition standards, and its effect on diabetes and cardiovascular disease prevention.
Latest in General Endocrinology
Holocaust survivors in Israel have higher rates of comorbidities but lower mortality compared with a control population.
Men who use androgenic anabolic steroids have an increased mortality risk, a notable increase in hospitalizations, and higher prevalence of certain disorders compared with the general population.
For early-stage breast cancer survivors, endocrine therapy (ET) appears to have no effect on neuropsychological performance or impairment over six years of follow-up.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Testosterone Use Remains High Among Men With Coronary Artery Disease
- Higher Risk for Venous Thromboembolism With Oral vs Transdermal HRT
- Comparing Osteoporosis Screening, Treatment Strategies in Postmenopausal Women
- Maternal Thyroid Function in Pregnancy Linked to Childhood Risk for Disease
- Primary Characteristics of PCOS Predictive of Obstetric Complications
- ADA's 2019 Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes Focus on Patient-Centered Care
- Sleep Habits Affect Insulin Sensitivity in Adolescents With Overweight, Obesity
- Levothyroxine Associated With Increased Mortality in Patients With Heart Failure
- Head-to-Head Comparison of Professional vs Personal CGM Systems in T1D
- Dual vs Triple Therapy for Metformin Treatment Intensification in Type 2 Diabetes
- Insulin Analogs vs Regular Human Insulin for Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis May Affect Brain Development in Children With T1D
- Higher Rates of Comorbidities Among Holocaust Survivors
- Population Health Data May Help Identify Patients at Risk for CVD
- Newborn Genomic Sequencing Can Identify Disease Risk