ACP responds to criticism from the ADA, the Endocrine Society, the AACE, and the AADE of guidance that clinicians should aim to achieve an HbA1c level between 7% and 8% in most people with type 2 diabetes.
Testosterone therapy is recommended in men with hypogonadism to correct symptoms of testosterone deficiency. Men who are otherwise healthy do not need to be screened for hypogonadism.
An increasing number of studies support the use of continuous glucose monitoring in adult patients with T2D, and the observed benefits are likely to extend to youth with T2D.
Varying degrees of alcohol consumption affect every major organ system.
The American Thyroid Association recently published updated evidence-based guidelines for diagnosing and managing adults with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid ...
Latest in Obesity
Increased adherence to healthy dietary patterns could result in health care savings from improved health outcomes.
Regardless of long-term metabolic health maintenance, obesity remains a risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
If current trends continue, one-third of children and one-half of adolescents will be obese or overweight by 2030.
Latest in General Endocrinology
Serum intact parathyroid hormone levels may be an early marker to predict postthyroidectomy hypocalcemia.
Investigators examined the effect of progestin-only contraceptive on cardiometabolic outcomes, including stroke, MI, hypertension, diabetes, and VTE.
TransCon PTH is a long-acting prodrug of parathyroid hormone designed to restore PTH to physiologic levels, normalizing blood and urinary calcium levels, serum phosphate levels and bone turnover.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Predictors of Success for Insulin-to-Liraglutide Switch for Type 2 Diabetes
- Efficacy and Safety of Alirocumab in Diabetes Mellitus
- Safety of DPP-IV Inhibitor, Cardiovascular Events After ACS in Type 2 Diabetes
- Transgender Youth Not Willing to Delay Hormone Therapy for Fertility Preservation
- Pre-Pregnancy Programs May Improve Outcomes in Women With Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- IV Fluid Infusion Rates Do Not Affect Pediatric DKA Neurologic Outcomes
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Psychiatric Morbidity Decreased After Assisted Reproductive Technology Treatment
- Fenofibrate Improves Cholesterol Levels in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk