Generic Name and Formulations:
Ceftolozane, tazobactam; 1.5g/vial; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free; contains sodium chloride 487mg/vial.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for ZERBAXA:
Susceptible complicated intra-abdominal infections in combination with metronidazole and complicated urinary tract infections, including pyelonephritis.
Give by IV infusion over 1 hour. ≥18yrs (CrCl >50mL/min): complicated intra-abdominal infections: usually 1.5g every 8hrs for 4–14 days with IV metronidazole 500mg every 8hrs; complicated urinary tract infections: 1.5g every 8hrs for 7 days. Renal impairment (CrCl 30–50mL/min): 750mg every 8hrs; (CrCl 15–29mL/min): 375mg every 8hrs; ESRD on hemodialysis: 750mg loading dose, followed by 150mg maintenance dose every 8hrs for remainder of treatment (give on dialysis days).
<18yrs: not established.
Cephalosporin, penicillin, or other beta-lactam allergy.
Discontinue if serious hypersensitivity reactions occur. Moderate or severe renal impairment; monitor renal function daily and adjust dose. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Cephalosporin + beta-lactamase inhibitor.
Nausea, diarrhea, headache, pyrexia, constipation, insomnia, vomiting; C. difficile-associated diarrhea, anaphylaxis.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Use of In-Hospital Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion: A Consensus Statement
- Better Control With DPP-4 Inhibitors vs NPH Insulin in Type 2 Diabetes
- Achieving Glycemic Control in T2D After Basal Insulin Initiation
- Osteoporosis Drug Shows Cardioprotective Potential at 10-Year Follow-Up
- Effects of the Two Types of Anorexia Nervosa on Bone Metabolism
- Diabetes Treatments
- Incretins, Thiazolidinediones Associated With Better Glycemic Control in T2D
- No Link Between HbA1c Levels and Wound Healing in Patients With Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Risk for Fetal Loss Early in Pregnancy Not Greater With Noninsulin vs Insulin Therapy
- Risk for Iodine Deficiency and Hypothyroidism High in Children on Parenteral Nutrition
- Inverse Association Between Serum 25(OH)D Levels and Risk for Diabetes
- Glycemic Control Variations for Children, Adolescents With T1D in High-Income Countries
- Late-Life Mobility Limitations Linked to Obesity After Arthroplasty for OA in Women
- Fracture Risk Should Be Monitored in Bisphosphonate Drug Holiday
- Provider Counseling for Weight Loss Up for Arthritis, Overweight