Generic Name and Formulations:
Niraparib 100mg; caps.
Indications for ZEJULA:
Maintenance treatment in adults with recurrent epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal cancer who are in a complete or partial response to platinum-based chemotherapy.
Start treatment within 8 weeks after most recent platinum-containing regimen. Swallow whole. 300mg once daily until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Dose adjustments for adverse reactions: see full labeling.
Discontinue if myelodysplastic syndrome/acute myeloid leukemia (MDS/AML) is confirmed. Monitor CBC weekly for the first month, monthly for the next 11 months then periodically thereafter; do not start therapy until recovery from hematological toxicity due to previous chemotherapy (CTCAE Grade ≤1); discontinue if toxicities unresolved within 28 days after interruption (see full labeling). Monitor BP and heart rate monthly for the first year then periodically thereafter. Cardiovascular disorders (eg, coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension); monitor closely. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy; exclude status prior to initiating therapy. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during therapy and for ≥6 months after last dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 1 month after last dose).
Concomitant antihypertensives; dose adjustments of Zejula may be needed.
Poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibitor.
Thrombocytopenia, anemia, neutropenia, leukopenia, palpitations, nausea, constipation, vomiting, abdominal pain/distention, mucositis/stomatitis, diarrhea, dyspepsia, dry mouth, fatigue/asthenia, decreased appetite, urinary tract infection, AST/ALT elevation, myalgia, back pain, arthralgia, headache, dizziness, dysgeusia, insomnia, anxiety, nasopharyngitis, dyspnea, cough, rash, hypertension.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Single Blood Sample Highly Predictive for Subsequent Diabetes Diagnosis
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk
- Transgender Youth Not Willing to Delay Hormone Therapy for Fertility Preservation
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- CDC: Obesity Prevalence Higher in Non-Metropolitan Counties
- Vascular Mortality Declining in Adults With Diabetes in the United States
- CVS Pharmacy Launches Prescription Delivery Service Nationwide
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit
- Kidney Function Decline Occurs Nearly Twice as Fast in Diabetes